How much is an old ProStocker worth? (1 Viewer)

Some of them will surprise you, althought I don't see WJ's car going for more than about 200K.

This car YouTube - Mecum Auction Presents - Lot # S115 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

went for something like 900K if I remember correctly.

David,
I'm a little partial, but I'll take the '71 car over any classic Pro Stocker. It's win/loss record was (I believe) the best ever, Ronnie drove it and let's not forget it was the first world champ in the class. Plus, it's the classic Sox & Martin look!

It was a true barrier buster.

Some of them will surprise you, althought I don't see WJ's car going for more than about 200K.

This car YouTube - Mecum Auction Presents - Lot # S115 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

went for something like 900K if I remember correctly.

David,
I'm a little partial, but I'll take the '71 car over any classic Pro Stocker. It's win/loss record was (I believe) the best ever, Ronnie drove it and let's not forget it was the first world champ in the class. Plus, it's the classic Sox & Martin look!

It was a true barrier buster.

Hi John,

I wasn't around back when Ronnie Sox was on top and admittedly don't know much about it, but wasn't one of Glidden's Fairmount's undefeated?

Sean D

Hi John,

I wasn't around back when Ronnie Sox was on top and admittedly don't know much about it, but wasn't one of Glidden's Fairmount's undefeated?

Sean D

You may be right Sean. I seem to remember (now) that Glidden's Arrow may have won all it's NHRA races the year he ran it. I need a little historical help here, but in the first few years of Pro Stock wasn't the class contested at divisional races too? That's what I seem to remember about Ronnie's championship. Maybe David could help us out here. Herb is quite the historian (and driver!) and would certainly know.

You may be right Sean. I seem to remember (now) that Glidden's Arrow may have won all it's NHRA races the year he ran it. I need a little historical help here, but in the first few years of Pro Stock wasn't the class contested at divisional races too? That's what I seem to remember about Ronnie's championship. Maybe David could help us out here. Herb is quite the historian (and driver!) and would certainly know.
if memory serves i think bobs arrow won 12 out of 13 or 11 out of 12 totally dominant! and all the greg anderson haters today lol imagine if the mater was around in those days, lol talk about dominant!

if memory serves i think bobs arrow won 12 out of 13 or 11 out of 12 totally dominant! and all the greg anderson haters today lol imagine if the mater was around in those days, lol talk about dominant!

You're absolutely right Jeff...as dominant as Greg has been the last five years, the original stars of the class (Sox, Carlton, Glidden, etc...) had things seemingly locked up during their time at the top. Not only did they win most races they entered, they usually had the fields covered by car lengths, not thousanths of a second.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back