How much is an old ProStocker worth? (1 Viewer)

well if its at barrett jackson, they want too much, but thats 1 cool car! and its w.j ex car. if i was an olds guy id love to buy it and put a real olds motor in it.

As a race car I'd guess it would only be worth maybe $15-20K without the motor or tranny. Nobody but a collector would what a period correct (read '87) motor... it just wouldn't be competitive by today's standards.

Who knows what it's worth to a collector. Grumpy's Toy brought a butt load of money at one of the Barret-Jackson auctions a while back.

I'm not to certain about the comment in the write-up claiming "it is the only one known to exist." It seems like I saw a picture of one recently that was painted yellow and running brackets.

i know where the other one is. a guy i know of bought it years ago and had planned on turning it into a pro mod. of coarse this was years ago. i heard he has about 6-8 different race cars ranging from bracket dragsters to top sportsman to this certain oldsmobile.

I would think it will bring $250,000-300,000. I think Grumpys Vega went for $500,000+. There must be some big money that want these cars for museums.

Beautiful car, but I would LOVE to own his old Hurst Olds!

84odd1.JPG

I'd love to have that car. That was one of my favorite Pro Stockers when I was growing up. If I can get the winning Powerball numbers, it's mine.

Dave

The description is that it has been restored to the "BEST" of WJ's memory... I wonder what he thought back in '87.

Michael

Of course a guy named "Barrett" has a vested interest in what that car brings at a BARRETT-Jackson auction. :p

It reads like WJ himself restored the car? Wonder if he's kept it all along. Can't imagine there ever was a market to see those ugly puppies. Those and the Achievas and Cieras, look terribly dated nowadays and aren't classics. But still there's gotta be $50,000 or more worth in any ex-WJ race car restored to it's former glory. If the super-rich-mook market hasn't gone down the toilet by then it could fetch $100K. There was no way the Jenkins 74 car was worth that much, and it's not as historic as the 72 Vega.

Didn't Buddy Ingersoll have one of WJ's cars and converted it to a Regal???

I talked to WJ about this and he did indeed say that Ingersoll converted one of the two 83/84 Hurst Olds to a Regal. He said the other still exists and is running Super Gas. I'm an Olds guy and would like to find either the converted Regal or find the guy running the other in Super Gas. If he would be willing to part with it,maybe it could be restored. If anybody knows the whereabouts of these cars,please let me know.

Some of them will surprise you, althought I don't see WJ's car going for more than about 200K.

This car YouTube - Mecum Auction Presents - Lot # S115 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

went for something like 900K if I remember correctly.

It is crazy. Me and my brother tracked down my Dad's '72 Demon [the one you've probably seen a picture of on its rear bumper at Englishtown] that he used on the US Racing Team series. The owner wanted 100K for it as a rolling chassis basket case. Unreal.

The thing is, someone eventually bought it and is having Herb help him restore it.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back