How much has Alan Johnson really won? (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
He's won 78 professional races (4 with Blaine, 25 with Scelzi, 49 with Schumacher)

He's won 8 championships in top fuel and 4 championships in TAD with Blaine, so he's won 12 championships.

He has won 26 races in TAD with Blaine, but were they all during National Events? I notice NHRA only counts wins for a driver at National Events in career records.

I want to know how many championships and event wins the NHRA says that he has and recognize. I got 78 Professional wins and 8 championships as I don't know what to make of the 26 TAD wins and 4 championships and if they can be added since there not professional

This is all pre Al-Anabi, since 2009 and 2010 do not count for his crew chief career and it's hard to say if 2011 counts as no one really knows how much tuning he's really doing

Alan is at all of the races ... you think he has no input to the tune-up of the car? He is not just sitting in the trailer and drinking beer. The flip side of that coin is that those 2 crews would be absolute fools not to go to Alan and seek his input.

If you want to split frog hairs and say he is not the crew chief so those wins don't go on that tally ... fine ... but those wins absolutely go on his ledger somewhere. His DNA is all over that team/car.

that's not exactly my issue. I am saying in terms of him and his PUBLICLY KNOWN crew chief career the Al-Anabi performance does not count, yes as an owner of course. Do I feel he influences the tuning? of course I do, but OFFICIALLY he is not credited as a crew chief so it cannot be added to his 1989-2008 tuning career. He has 78 Professional wins from 1996-2008. The 26 wins in TAD what can officially be added, cause I think the NHRA only adds wins to a career total when they are at a national event.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back