How much does the Bandimere family appreciate the fans? (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
I just want to give a shout out to the Bandimere family, and a give sincere thank you to them for being some of the most caring track owners there are.

In this day and age, in our economic downturn, I think it's pretty neat that they are offering an affordable way for fans to renew thier tickets for the Mile High Nationals next summer. Zero down, with 3 months to pay, with a free parking pass ~ no payments until January 1, 2010. :D

Those of us who live in Colorado are very fortunate to have the Speedway and the Bandimere family here. I have long thought that successful business men and women in the NHRA should be in a consultancy to the folks in Glendora. It would enhance the business side of the NHRA, in my view, while keeping in mind the fans and the racers who make this sport tick.
Cheers,
Ed Arcuri
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

The Bandimere family are very nice . The team i worked on in 1998 rented the track for a couple days to do some testing and the Bandimeres treated us great. They care a lot about the fans and the racers.

I have read these kinds of posts for years, and they were a very big part of our family choosing Denver as our race to travel this past July.

While our experience there was far from enjoyable, and we will never, ever go back, it still seems like they treat the majority of people there better than most tracks do. That has to be good for business and good for the fans as well.

The Bandimere's are the bomb!!:D

Yes they are!!! Just before the nationals there I found out a friend of mine had cancer. A bunch of friends, co-workers and family pitched in to send Jim to the races. I emailed Tami and ask if she could do something special for Jim while he was at the races. She told me to contact her when we got there. Well John Bandimere himself pushed Jim in his wheel chair to the starting line during Pro Stock qualifing. What a blast he had!!!

Well we buried Jim about 2 months ago and at his service they had a large picture of Jim sitting on the starting line with John Bandimere standing behind him holding onto his chair. You just can't thank some people enough for what they do to make someones last moments so special. What a great bunch of people.
The Lucas family went way out of there way also, but that's a whole other story and don't want to derail this post.

RIP Jim Short.

Doug - just for conversation, I'd be curious to know why you say it was far from enjoyable and you'd never go back? Do you mean as a competitor or as a race fan? That's not usually something you hear from fans, from any national event. Without dissing anyone, would you care to elaborate?

Doug - just for conversation, I'd be curious to know why you say it was far from enjoyable and you'd never go back? Do you mean as a competitor or as a race fan? That's not usually something you hear from fans, from any national event. Without dissing anyone, would you care to elaborate?

Chris,

We were there as fans. We had a bad experience with the track personnel. For the most part they were nice, but they were totally unwilling and unable to help us in our situation. We go to a couple of races every year. Baytown, and then we pick one to travel to. We picked Denver this year, with plans to fly out on Wednesday. On that Tuesday before the race, my wife tore her Achilles tendon. I immediately called the track to find out what my ticket options were. They told me that they would be able to help me when we got to the track. What I was looking for was to swap my tickets out for some handicapped seats, or seats at the very top, since my wife was unable to walk more than a few feet at a time, and was unable to do stairs.

When we got to the track, I was not able to get anyone to help us. there were no handicap tickets available, and nothing that they would trade for, but they offered to sell me four more tickets at full face value. they seemed totally disinterested in helping us. We finally decided that since we also had quarter mile club tickets, that we would just go sit there.

We explained the situation with my wife to one of the ladies running the club, and she told us to just sit there the whole time .. we thought we had an answer .. but during the next two days, we were continually harassed by several of the track employees.. telling us that we needed to leave the tent because it wasn't for watching the race, and other people needed to sit down. Even when we pointed out my wife's issue, and mentioned that one of the other employees had told us to sit in there, since no other seats were available for my wife. one of them even gave us the third degree about when the injury happened versus when we bought our tickets.

We got so tired of the crap, and my wife was so upset by it that we didn't even attend on Saturday. we went back on Sunday, and put up with the same crap again, and ended up leaving early.

I spent almost $1,400 on tickets for the four of us, with seats and the 1/4 mile club passes. We never sat in our seats, and were not able to enjoy much of the race at all in the club.

it just left a very bad taste in my mouth. I didn't really expect special treatment, but the total unwillingness to help surprised me.

Sounds like the exception versus the rule there.

hmmm.. more long winded than I intended. sorry.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back