How do you like the new announcers? (1 Viewer)

Bob K.

Nitro Member
I think it's pure torture listening to the idiot that announced the pros today! This guy kept talking about "top of the pylon" guess he thought it was NASCAR and calling the race track a "course". Couldn't make it to Houston but between him and those screaming Geiko idiots, wow! hard to take. Alan, please announce the pros!!! P.S Our local Vegas guy Nathan is great!

I think it's pure torture listening to the idiot that announced the pros today! This guy kept talking about "top of the pylon" guess he thought it was NASCAR and calling the race track a "course". Couldn't make it to Houston but between him and those screaming Geiko idiots, wow! hard to take. Alan, please announce the pros!!! P.S Our local Vegas guy Nathan is great!

Man you read my mine, hopefully he will get better with more races. I guess Bob and Alan really got me spoiled.

Not sure why he kept on saying "XYZ got the win light, even though it doesn't matter in qualifying". If it doesn't matter, don't bring it up. I was at the track and thank god for the cars to drown out some of that. Have Alan or Bill Stephens in the booth.

And he kept going on and on about people red lighting. It's qualifying. Nobody cares. *sigh* Hopefully with time he'll get better. We are so spoiled... If only Alan could be everywhere! :)

I really should know but don't, who's the new announcer?

Regards
PiPPi

WFO Joe...

does a good interview, some booth work at PBIR, bracket racer... he's a 'color guy'... hope he can 'grow' into play by play.... Pros seem to like him... strikes me as a 'self-promoter, me-centric' person.

d'kid

Not sure why he kept on saying "XYZ got the win light, even though it doesn't matter in qualifying". If it doesn't matter, don't bring it up. I was at the track and thank god for the cars to drown out some of that. Have Alan or Bill Stephens in the booth.

and it's unfortunate that none of the LODRS Divisional events could get streamed (I know I'm stretching lol) and you guys/gals can hear me at LVD or E-Town w/Lewis (BTW first RP trip of the year in 12 hrs for Index Series racing).

Not more but to see what you guys think?

Last edited:
At Vegas, a guy named Nathan Hirschi or something like that is EXCELLENT. Knowledgeable and good voice.

I don't know who did 1st round of stock Saturday morning but it was a joy listening to him. Must have been Alan(or maybe Bill).

Thanks for the forewarning. I'll be going to Norwalk this year. Last year it was Frey and Larry Dixon on the loud speakers. It was awesome. Larry's insight and knowledge added so much, ... but he really belongs strapped into a dragster. He has a LOT of racing years left. :D

Thanks for the forewarning. I'll be going to Norwalk this year. Last year it was Frey and Larry Dixon on the loud speakers. It was awesome. Larry's insight and knowledge added so much, ... but he really belongs strapped into a dragster. He has a LOT of racing years left. :D

It was the same thing at E-Town,

As one who has done Dirt track and local drag racing announcing, I can tell you it's much harder than it looks! Knowing who is in each lane and who their sponsors are is the easy part! Learning to relax behind the Mic takes time, knowing thousands are listening to you makes it tough at first! As for the new announcer....anyone noticed he said the phrase "Gets it done!" a lot? Lol

Whoever is in the booth this weekend did a much better job today. They seemed smoother and more relaxed behind the mic.

Definitely miss Bob Frey...Costello struggled at Charlotte as well. But then again, I didn't step in to my job as an expert, so give him time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back