How do they pick which is best Crew/Car/Engineered at races (1 Viewer)

Greg

Nitro Member
Hi All.
I was looking at Drag Race Central and was wondering who picks out the best Appearing Crew/Car and Best Engineered for Races.

Don't get me wrong but sometimes I wonder how they pick them.:(:confused:

Cheers Greg:D

I always thought it was a guy named Sol, in one of those three wheel golfcarts

....I am sure there are maybe a few rules somewhere (same car can't win twice etc).....

Best engineered is picked by the tech department. After all, they inspect all the cars so they are in the best position to do it.

Best appearing car/crew is more of a committee deal. It usually starts with a list as we see them come up to run, or the photographers will mention one that caught their eye. Sometimes a racer will come up and ask to be considered. Then later in the weekend who is still in or who is willing to stay. There have been times when one car was chosen then lost on Saturday and went home, so another was picked.

Alan

Best engineered is picked by the tech department. After all, they inspect all the cars so they are in the best position to do it.

Best appearing car/crew is more of a committee deal. It usually starts with a list as we see them come up to run, or the photographers will mention one that caught their eye. Sometimes a racer will come up and ask to be considered. Then later in the weekend who is still in or who is willing to stay. There have been times when one car was chosen then lost on Saturday and went home, so another was picked.

Alan

Thank you for that explanation. I always wondered.

My dad was fortunate enough to win Best Appearing Car at the vey first national event up in Sanair, Montreal. I believe it was 1971. Pretty cool deal, they were done for the weekend and an official came by and asked if they could hang a bit to take pics up at the starting line. My dad was pretty shocked/stoked! Nice shot ended up in National Dragster with my dad, his partner, and Wally next to the car on the starting line.

Alan

Thank You Heaps Alan as I always wondered how it all came about.

Greg:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back