Ahten Racing Wins Best Appearing Crew in Vegas (1 Viewer)

Ahten Racing Wins Best Appearing Crew in Vegas

Las Vegas, NV. – After winning the Best Appearing Crew award at the NHRA Toyota Nationals at the Strip as Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Johnny Ahten quipped that they may not be the fastest this weekend, but they were the best looking. The new duds debuted at the August Seattle race and were designed and sponsored by Island Renovations and Howard Katano.

“Howard and his company Island Renovations have done so much for our team,” said Ahten. “We were really excited when we heard we won. They grabbed us for the photo shoot just as we were coming down the return road after our qualifying lap on Saturday. I still had my fire suit on but to see the smile on Howard’s face made it that much sweeter,” added Ahten.

The Island Renovations / Combust Filters Team started out qualifying with a [email protected] in Friday’s first round. That put Ahten in number six spot, but the crew felt like something was missing. In Saturday’s second round of qualifying, a [email protected] was no help. In the final qualifying session, a cylindrically challenged [email protected] was a step in the right direction. Other than that errant piston that decided not to fire, the run was good enough to set a final qualifying position of eleventh. Sunday’s opponent would be Mark Taliaferro. The crew made the decision to swing for the fence. They hopped the Stump Puller up and prepared to launch one into the upper deck. Johnny was crowding the plate looking for the fastball and took a mighty swing with a .027 reaction time. All was well and good until the rear tires lost traction within a nanosecond. Tire smoke filled the air as Taliaferro ripped off a [email protected], with Johnny coasting across the line at a pedestrian-like 63.69 mph.

“The car sounded angry and I was ready,” added Ahten. “I saw some cars in front of us strike the tires, but I just assumed our tune-up would prevail. The fast ball I was looking for never came. My guys all worked their tails off. It was great to have some of our sponsors in our pits this weekend. Their support has been overwhelming. I would also like to mention and thank Jim Dunn Racing for their help. Jim has been very generous to us and for that I am grateful," said Ahten.

Winning the Best Appearing Crew Wally did help to ease the discomfort of a first round exit at the Vegas event. Ahten and his crew now are on a mission to add another Wally this weekend at the Vegas Regional and at the World Finals in Pomona. They will still look to hit the long ball, but now with both eyes on the approaching pitch.

Island Renovations understands the complexity of Hawaii's homes and their customers’ needs. Whether you are looking to build, remodel, or replace your existing windows and doors, Island Renovations is there to provide outstanding service and products to give your home added value with the satisfaction and peace of mind from a company that puts their customers first. Visit them at Island Renovation | 808-685-3377

The Combust Filters Oil By-Pass Filtration System provides 3 Micron filtration, 100% Water Removal, Soot Removal, Extended Engine Life, Pollution Prevention, and Reduced Oil Consumption. By keeping the oil free of moisture contamination and particulates larger than 3 microns, your engine oil will have reduced Oxidation, Nitration, while maintaining required oil viscosity and TBN for proper lubrication. Our system incorporates only the best technology and quality construction for ease of use and installation. Features include an easy to read pressure gauge, 2 sizes of spin-on filters (7” and 12”), a push button oil sample valve, and a custom flow fitting to ensure a continuous proper flow. No internal moving parts to wear out! Visit them at: By-Pass Filtration or Kidney Loop Filtration

Fireman's Brew grew out of two Los Angeles based firefighter's vision to create premium handcrafted beers that would quench their thirsts after an exhausting day on the firelines. Originally created by firefighters for firefighters, Fireman's Brew is now available at bars, restaurants and retail stores throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois, Colorado & Nebraska. Visit them at Home | Firemans Brew

Release courtesy of THR5 Communications

Visit Johnny's FaceBook page today and give him a LIKE!
http://www.facebook.com/JohnnyAhtenRacing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back