How come Norwalk get ALL Lucas Oil Sportsman classes? (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
According to NHRA.com, ALL Lucas Oil Sportsman classes will be contested at the Norwalk national event:

http://www.nhra.com/content/general.asp?articleid=16426

How come? Is it because it is near Detroit?

Since they started rotating out one Sportsman class per event, the only exceptions are and were:
Chicago (Jeg's All-Stars)
Seattle (only Division 6 National Event)
Indy (It's Indy)
Pomona (Championships decided)

Why would NHRA give Norwalk ALL Sportsman classes?

According to NHRA.com, ALL Lucas Oil Sportsman classes will be contested at the Norwalk national event:

Since they started rotating out one Sportsman class per event, the only exceptions are and were:
Indy (It's Indy)

They aren't running Super Street there, so not ALL Lucas Oil classes are being run.

I don't know but I would guess

-First time there
-Central location
-they pack well over 1000 cars in there for the Holloween Classic so there isn't any space issues
-Norwalk appears to have always had a strong sportsman program

Indy (It's Indy)

Why not??:D

Probably because they asked to have them all. The Norwalk event will become the second Indy...no one will want to miss it...fans AND racers. It has never been an NRP policy to exclude racers (regardless of category) from the big shows...which is why they have a huge bracket race as part of the Night Under Fire.

No it's because I moved from Ohio to Tempe last year. Besides Columbus w/o the Alky cars sucked. Glad to see the return of the TAD & TAFC.

Because the baders know how to promote an event. I'd been hoping the Northern Sportsnationals were going to Norwalk so we'd race in front of packed stands rather than just other racers. The folks at Columbus (who is it that owns that track? LOL) couldn't promote a group of hookers to a boatload of sailers who'd been out at sea for six months.

Because the baders know how to promote an event. I'd been hoping the Northern Sportsnationals were going to Norwalk so we'd race in front of packed stands rather than just other racers. The folks at Columbus (who is it that owns that track? LOL) couldn't promote a group of hookers to a boatload of sailers who'd been out at sea for six months.

Dang Dave, I thought I was reading one of Henklemen's post! Thats was funny.

Which gets us back around, The NHRA has NO BUSINESS Owning Tracks or Promoting Races... They are the RULES people, and writing the rules and Promoting the Show and Owning the Track is a Conflict of Interest...

JM$.02

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back