How about Roy Johnson? (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
He has had terrible lights (although not so bad given how long he has been away from driving), but he is going to the semi's in stock eliminator. Go Roy!

He did very well.The lights got better until the red eye.Too bad his combo is going to be hit on Monday.

Awesome job! For the first time in a long time I found myself following the Stock class as much as the Pro Stock class.

The combo got hit with 10 Hp,so now the car will be a D/SA instead of F/SA.I think the combo(both Roy and Eric Merryfield) went at least 1.22 under.

isn't that the new rule now in stock?
all the indexes were adjusted this year, so now anyone with a package
under a second gets index/horsepower adjusted?

isn't that the new rule now in stock?
all the indexes were adjusted this year, so now anyone with a package
under a second gets index/horsepower adjusted?

The index was raised 3 tenths so that it would be harder to hit. If you had a car that ran 1.30 seconds under the index last year in stock(which would trigger hp on that combination last year) it would only be a 1 second under the index which would not trigger a hit on hp. All it did was made it harder for the cars that barely ran the index last year to be able to run the index this year. You must be able to dial under or at your index. It also stopped a lot of sandbagging since a car that ran 1.30 under last year can run all out this year without fear of getting his combo hit. If you watched stock or superstock last year, you would see a lot of cars just running out to 1000' so avoid getting hit, now only some cars are shutting off early. If you ask me it just made NHRA job a little easier so they would not have to police every run so much. Hope that helps.

The index was raised 3 tenths so that it would be harder to hit. If you had a car that ran 1.30 seconds under the index last year in stock(which would trigger hp on that combination last year) it would only be a 1 second under the index which would not trigger a hit on hp. All it did was made it harder for the cars that barely ran the index last year to be able to run the index this year. You must be able to dial under or at your index. It also stopped a lot of sandbagging since a car that ran 1.30 under last year can run all out this year without fear of getting his combo hit. If you watched stock or superstock last year, you would see a lot of cars just running out to 1000' so avoid getting hit, now only some cars are shutting off early. If you ask me it just made NHRA job a little easier so they would not have to police every run so much. Hope that helps.

perfect explanation.....thanks armand

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back