How a Goodyear Drag Racing Tire is made (1 Viewer)

Boy, that's really something. I would never have guessed that these tires are largely hand-made.

I wonder if Goodyear recycles many of the old tires and re-uses the rubber?

Boy, that's really something. I would never have guessed that these tires are largely hand-made.

I wonder if Goodyear recycles many of the old tires and re-uses the rubber?
I assume its still true that even street tires are still built pretty close to the same way, where I live here in Western Ky there were two large tire plants that have both now shutdown, General Tire in Mayfield Ky, and Goodyear in Union City Tenn, I never worked at either of those plants, but had many relatives and friends who worked at those two plants, many were tire builders, from conservations with them over the years they built tires about the exact same way shown. At both plants tire building was "production" work, meaning they got paid mostly by how many tires they could build. I know it was hot hard work, and they could build about 150 or so a day depending on which size and type tire they were working on. Both are now closed, General about 2004 I think and Goodyear about 2008 or so. They both employed over 1000 workers while in operation.

as i recall they were handmade in the past and years ago changed to a new production process. which i would guess is this cool video. does anyone recall that information? and or how they were made in the past if this is true?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back