Houston TV Icon Passes Away (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Its a sad day here in South Texas today as we have all learned of the passing of a Houston icon yesterday. RIP Marvin Zindler. I'll never forget your white wig and blue glasses. My mom's joke is that the first word's I ever spoke were "There's slime in the ice machine!".

abc13.com: Houston's news leader

I'll miss him - his stuff was a bit on the corny side, but he also did a lot of good for a lot of people and causes.

No one will be able to replace Marvin. He was a true hero to the people that had no place else to turn to.

A lot of my highschool buddies hated it when he got the Chicken Ranch shut down. If any of you are reading this, you know who you are....:p

I was so saddened to hear of Marvin's death. He was truly a Houston/SE Texas icon and will be missed. :(

No one will be able to replace Marvin. He was a true hero to the people that had no place else to turn to.

A lot of my highschool buddies hated it when he got the Chicken Ranch shut down. If any of you are reading this, you know who you are....:p

Kelly hated it too, she had to find a new job!!! J/K Kel, you know I love ya.:)

The chicken ranch was located at La Grange, like in the ZZ Top song, they got a lot of nice girls out there.....

SURF'S UP!!!

Alan

Awww.....Justin you're wrong for that! Besides....I know I'm old, but it was a smidgen before my time. ;)

The only news man I ever knew who launched a career on busting a house of Ill repute.
The locals weren't thrilled about the attention.
I was living in Houston during the battle to close the Ranch and If Marvin hadn't kept after them like a bulldog it might still be open. LOL
To me it was a sad sight to see him busting ice machines and the occasional rat turd.
RIP Marvin I'm sure there's plenty of interesting people to meet in Heaven.

Awww.....Justin you're wrong for that! Besides....I know I'm old, but it was a smidgen before my time. ;)

You know I'm messing with you! I didnt know till this week that ole' Marvin was the one who got it shut down, that tells you how young I am! I had no idea the character Dom DeLouise plays in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" was based on Marvin.

I think the most interesting thread here so far is that Alan knew it was in LaGrange!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back