Houston GSA Thread (1 Viewer)

Buns

Nitro Member
So glad that we'll see some Pro Mod action again this weekend!

Couple things..

Harry Hruska just posted this picture on his Facebook. I had not heard anything about Jay switching to a turbo combination but here it is. I'm waiting to hear from Harry on how many cubic inches Jay is running under the hood.

220585_10150173187189629_843424628_6481789_6649878_o.jpg

Steve Matusek will also be debuting his Roush/Yates Mustang at Houston. I'm expecting big things from that combination.

It's also good to see that Mike Castellana will be in Houston with his nitrous Al Anabi Camaro. Maybe the cancer survivor can parlay his recent ADRL victory into a win in the GSA series?

Will the nitrous cars continue their dominance with heavy-hitters like Balooshi, Castellana, and Smith in attendance? Or will the turbo cars finally live up to their potential and get their first win of the year?

I can't wait to find out!

I do, too! It's the unusual engine combinations and the variety in the cars that make the class real fun.

Not for long, at this rate the GSA will be an all Turbo affair by next season!! I'm glad NHRA outlawed those in the Alky classes!

We'll see. With the way Balooshi is running, new life may be birthed in the nitrous cars. They're certainly making it interesting, at least. Especially with Castellana there. Could be an all Al Anabi final.

Burgess has had the car to win the first two races of the year but starting line mishaps have killed that. With Melanie debuting a turbo car soon, I wouldn't count out the turbo cars, either.

The supercharged combos are always a threat and with guys/gals like Mike Knowles, Danny Rowe, and Leah Pruett-Leduc, this class is more competitive than ever!

I love this class!!

We'll see. With the way Balooshi is running, new life may be birthed in the nitrous cars. They're certainly making it interesting, at least. Especially with Castellana there. Could be an all Al Anabi final.

Burgess has had the car to win the first two races of the year but starting line mishaps have killed that. With Melanie debuting a turbo car soon, I wouldn't count out the turbo cars, either.

The supercharged combos are always a threat and with guys/gals like Mike Knowles, Danny Rowe, and Leah Pruett-Leduc, this class is more competitive than ever!

I love this class!!

The NHRA cutting the Blower guys to 14% OD killed the Combo!

The NHRA cutting the Blower guys to 14% OD killed the Combo!

They seem to be hurt the most by the rule changes. Burgess' car still runs incredibly well after the turbos were downsized to 88mm from 91mm. You have to think it's only a matter of time till the blower guys get it figured out.

They seem to be hurt the most by the rule changes. Burgess' car still runs incredibly well after the turbos were downsized to 88mm from 91mm. You have to think it's only a matter of time till the blower guys get it figured out.

The NHRA can start by giving them their OD back!! This class was good, the turbo's will kill it. Thank god for ADRL!

The NHRA can start by giving them their OD back!! This class was good, the turbo's will kill it. Thank god for ADRL!

That would help but the blower guys were unhappy last year about the performance advantage the turbo cars had. That was before they had a drop in OD.

All of the combinations can win. We've seen that this year. Everyone was counting out the nitrous cars at the end of last year and now look.

You can't count out the blown cars just yet. Guys like Danny Rowe are always a threat to win. Also, with John Medlen joining R2B2, you gotta think those blower cars will come around.

I think the blower cars would have been fine with the OD they were running last year but I don't make those decisions.

We'll see what happens this weekend. It should tell us a lot.

Last edited:

No, they'll just switch or Park! The only to make power at 14% is to spin the Motor 11,000 RPM! The Turbo guys don't turn nearly that tight, they don't need to.:rolleyes:

It's pretty tough to get those Turbo Combinations right to get all that power to the ground but when they do ! Their Awesome !

I hate to see the Blowers Ham Stringed because the blowers have the greatest visual and sensory effect on the fans !

I'd Rather Be Blown !

I don't know much about the turbo cars but it seems like there under powered the first 60ft. Could this be because the turbo needs the rpm to work? It seems the turbo car is lacking consistency also. They have some work to do before they will be competitive, for now I'm standing by the nitrous cars.
Since they got the chassis to work, the class has been a lot of fun to watch. I hope they become a regular at the National Events.:cool:

I don't know much about the turbo cars but it seems like there under powered the first 60ft. Could this be because the turbo needs the rpm to work? It seems the turbo car is lacking consistency also. They have some work to do before they will be competitive, for now I'm standing by the nitrous cars.
Since they got the chassis to work, the class has been a lot of fun to watch. I hope they become a regular at the National Events.:cool:

Is it the spooling or are they dumping power out the *waste-gate to get it off the line? I would imagine the it would be hard to apply all that power at once.

Supercharged cars ruled in Q1 with Ed Hoover, Kenny Lang, and Danny Rowe, going 1, 2, and 3.

The turbo cars had a session to forget. Nothing working there. Also, Jay Payne did NOT run his turbo Mustang in Q1. He has his blown car this weekend.

Balooshi, Castellana, and Smith, all had trouble.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back