hot rod reunion (1 Viewer)

No live feed? but I did see the other day that NHRA is having a live feed for free, haven't checked it out but that's what they said, you have to sign up for their site to view it.

I want to Congratulate Jim Murphy, on equaling March Meet victories with Big Daddy!

Finally! Have a happy life Jim ... 🤙
Thanks for the memories!

Last edited:
Good weather, at least for Bakersfield. Track was good as was the racing with only a little downtime. Crowd was light, very light. Great time and only $28 for 12 hours of entertainment.

The track did a little bit of advertising out here on the West coast; But the tv commercials didn't include the dates!
Also, the track website doesn't have links to any social media.

Good weather, at least for Bakersfield. Track was good as was the racing with only a little downtime. Crowd was light, very light. Great time and only $28 for 12 hours of entertainment.

You know it was offered for free, right?

Good weather, great racing, enjoyable weekend. Upsets galore (especially first round funnies with 1 and 2 going down.
agree with Dan, crowd was very light, other than racers couldn’t have been 500 people on Sundayfor the Finals

As far as I'm concerned, they got what they wanted. More focus on the racing and less of a reunion.

BTW, I believe the funny cars guys will be at Vegas in two weeks for the Nevada Nationals as part of the Legends Series. So one more chance to see them run.

As far as I'm concerned, they got what they wanted. More focus on the racing and less of a reunion.

BTW, I believe the funny cars guys will be at Vegas in two weeks for the Nevada Nationals as part of the Legends Series. So, one more chance to see them run.

Sometimes change is not good, as Steve McQueen said in one of his last movies "New Things are no good."

The CHRR was a great event, something for everyone. A lot of the old guys including me that were at the first CHRR are gone or can no longer attend but those of us that still can attend, it was the Woodstock of Nostalgia drag racing.

Let's hope the low spectator turnout is not the end of this event? you never know with NHRA.

Proud of one of our local guys, and someone who very well might be in a big show car in the next several years, Dylan Winefsky took home AA/FA.

Good weather, great racing, enjoyable weekend. Upsets galore (especially first round funnies with 1 and 2 going down.
agree with Dan, crowd was very light, other than racers couldn’t have been 500 people on Sundayfor the Finals

I was there on Saturday, and I don't agree that the crowd was light. It was definitely off from past years, but judging by the main grandstands on the west side, I would estimate it was about 80% of normal.

I think it is a real shame that the "Reunion" aspect of the race has been greatly downplayed, since as Jeff Courtie said in his post, the CHRR was a great event at it's peak. But, I guess if we end up with an event that is a Fall version of the March Meet, that it can't be all bad.

It was great to see the two "Beer Sisters" there as always. Man, you got to love a tube top on a warm day.

Sometimes change is not good, as Steve McQueen said in one of his last movies "New Things are no good."

The CHRR was a great event, something for everyone. A lot of the old guys including me that were at the first CHRR are gone or can no longer attend but those of us that still can attend, it was the Woodstock of Nostalgia drag racing.

Let's hope the low spectator turnout is not the end of this event? you never know with NHRA.

Changes are already being made for 2024 with Nitro Chaos coming to The Patch. BTW, announced yesterday is march meet tickets are on sale now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back