Honest error ends Stanfield’s strong day (1 Viewer)

CHARLOTTE, NC (April 3, 2011) – Greg Stanfield and his Team Safety Sentry Motorsports Pontiac GXP qualified in the seventh position heading into Sunday’s 12th annual SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Struggling on Friday at the Strip, the driver and crew dialed their car in as the weekend continued. Getting faster and faster with each run, Stanfield knew he had a shot at it on race day.

“We kept figuring the car out little by little,” said Stanfield. “We tested earlier this week before coming to Vegas, and it helped us figure out a few issues. The car just keeps getting better each week.”

Taking down the four-time NHRA Pro Stock Champion Greg Anderson first round with his quickest pass of the weekend, Stanfield was showing his strength early on Sunday.

Facing off against Jason Line in the second round, Stanfield and his Team Safety Sentry Motorsports Pontiac GXP did their job and loaded up the second Summit car. Running the second quickest time of the round, Stanfield just kept getting faster and faster as the day went on.

Heading into the semi-finals, Stanfield had to take on the rookie of Vincent Nobile. Poised and looking for the win, Stanfield’s and his GXP would roll through the beams when trying to stage, resulting in a red light and a loss.

“I can’t blame anybody but myself,” said Stanfield. “We had a good day going and I made a mistake. The good thing is the car is running great and we are looking forward to the next race.”

The next stop in the 2011 NHRA Full Throttle Series is in Charlotte, North Carolina in two weeks, April 14-17.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back