Hillary Will's new injector scoop (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
I noticed since Brainerd, her car has the other style injector now.
Photo14.jpg

Photo courtesy of NHRA and auto imagery- thank you

Is that unit for the Gibson/Miller blower or can it bolt up to the PSI's also?

Who makes the injector?

Does that style still go by the name "barn door" injector?

I noticed since Brainerd, her car has the other style injector now.
Photo14.jpg

Photo courtesy of NHRA and auto imagery- thank you

Is that unit for the Gibson/Miller blower or can it bolt up to the PSI's also?

Who makes the injector?

Paul,

It's the Gibson/Miller deal. I noticed they switched back later on the Friday.

IMG_1229.jpg

I thought they tested with it earlier in the year. And I may be wrong, but I think one of the cars in Australia used it, too.

I realize it's all about performance, but I've always thought those scoops on Fuel cars Look GAYYYY!:p;):eek:

if your taking the looks of the car into consideration then in my oppinion even though the new injector hats are better for performance ive allways thought the old birdcatcher injecter hats looked the coolest

The "Barn-Door" by Enderle in the '60s, has two square butterfly's, small opening. That placed the throttle shaft about four inches above the blower.
The Miiler new version has four rectangular butterfly's with a bigger opening.
That moves the shafts closer to the blower. The theory for moving the butterfly's is for a better reaction time.

I guess the title "barn door design " would fit ?;)

Also the current carbon fiber BIG bug catcher can have idle problems , that's why you will see the crew member down track push the butterfly's closed when the car stops after the burnout..
I also believe that the four butterfly's are better for pedaling at mid-track. The three bigger openings "up high" seem to "snap shut", and then "over open", because of the high vacuum pull from today's blowers.
The short throttle pedal travel now a days doesn't help a driver to pedal much either!:mad:
I think the Miller might help to pedal on a slippery track :confused:

don't know much about the physics of these scoops, but the hartley's
(had/still have??) a traditional 3-hole injector with the leading edge
of the hat cut diagonally - theory that the butterflies barely needed to move
to initiate throttle response.
???

So does the G/M injector bolt up to a PSI or is it only for the G/M supercharger?

Thanx guys, and Mike, great pic!

Paul-

Finding the pic has become more of an effort than I thought for some reason... :mad:<at myself

This is the closet I can find and still scoot my butt out the door-
http://www.tgibson.com/Injector.jpg

It's a trap door looking set-up, theory being, the openings being closer to the supercharger, the quicker the throttle response or R/T

Throttle response is really lacking on a fuel car you know- :eek:

The theory behind the G/M or any other type scoop is this. The closer the blades are to the blower, the quicker the throttle response. The reason being is that the farther away the blades are, the longer it takes to fill that void with air. What they are ultimately trying to achieve is a quicker reaction time. A fuel car leaves from an idle (2600-2800 RPM) and the motor has to wind up to get the car to react. The clutch works off centrifigal force so you have to have RPM to get the car to move. The quicker you can get the RPM up, the quicker the car will move. Every .001 sec. counts.

It comes down to personal preference!
Nobody stands out in performance all the well funded teams seem to be close anyway.

Excellent post Mike.

I think they should all go back to the scoop made of an old newspaper box they stole from the side of the road.

Joe...........you are GAAAYYYYY!!! Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!:D

love ya!

Suzie I'm NOT gayyyy , & I think I love you.. now there is nothing wrong with that, EXCEPT your husband will prob shoot me on sight :) & if MY wife ever found out how to get to this forum and saw this She'd find some "Insidious" wan of killing me.. or worse yet BURN my Vette :(

Soooo I'll leave things as they are... "Maybe Joe is Gay" LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back