Hillary Will says she's "done with pro racing" in new podcast (1 Viewer)

Lets get some sticks and hold Larry down and beat him. WTH ???
Hillary wasn't what they wanted. It is there car and they can do whatever they want. I am quite sure there is more that you are not hearing.

Well said. Business is Business. She got a bitter taste in her mouth, I bet it will change when she cools down. She was good at it. Something went down that we don't know, also Larry has a license that will expire in 2 months. I am sure he rather at least shake some rust off this year and keep the license active than have to pay to reactivate and shake rust off at a later date. Best of luck Hillary and it's wrong if anyone has any hard feelings for Dixon. Drag Racing is a Business if not even more than it is a sport, don't forget it. Just know team owners and sponsors may make changes you don't like, but don't think ill of them for it.

Well maybe some1 should come out with the correct details and then we will see whats what. seems a little sketchy

Back about two years ago. Jessie Harris another female was all set to drive for Dote. Then at the last minute Doug Foley was in the car. Then Doug loses the seat. Then Hillary get the seat. Now Dixon is warming the seat for Pruett.
Did I miss anyone?
They keep this up the Pineapple's record of drivers is in jeopardy.

Sad deal for Hillary, although the Dote's have been through a fair few driver combos in their early history. I'm not sure what the Dote's are expecting? Their choice, sure, but are they hoping Larry will pull their car into victory lane?

How many drivers has that Dote car had in the last couple seasons? Yeesh. What a grist mill. I think the world of him but damn... can't say I'm excited about him getting this ride.

That's too Bad. Like somebody above mentioned, at the Pro Level its 110% business. Otherwise, nobody has any business approaching it in the first place.
Met Hillary briefly at a Mexican Food restaurant just outside of Pomoma some years ago and thought she was extremely nice, sharp and polite.

Somebody needs to tell her to not give up. Things happen for reason's sometimes above our control. Sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise.

The greatest thing about Drag Racing is there is no age limit and Drag Racing will always be there. The economy will get better and Marketing Dollars will Flow once again soon.

Hang in there Hillary.......be patient.....when the time is right you'll get back into a Car.

If at all possible...Change your Game Plan and put together your own deal.
Its not impossible.....but timing is Key.

Last edited:
Man, this sucks. I'm from Hillary's hometown and went to high school with her Dad, Steve and can't tell you how much she means to this small community's drag fans. However, that being said, that's the part I truly hate about all kinds of modern racing. The costs are so far out of hand, only salespeople need apply. Look what happened to Gary Densham and Cory Mac, a "more marketable" salesman comes along and they got kicked to the curb. If I ran the world, we'd still have Bazemore, Hot Rod Fuller, Tommy Johnson Jr, Frankie Pedregon, Mike Dunn and all the other truly great drivers who are without rides competing for 32 car T/F fields. But I don't and neither does anyone here, so I guess we all should hope for the best for Hillary and wait for some car owner who wants to win to pull their head out.

I like Hillary too. But put in in perspective. She's gotten a fair amount of seat time in the fastest class in the sport without owning a car. That's pretty cool. Because, the reality is, the ONLY way to guarentee keeping a seat, is to own it. She'll be fine, and I'm sure will get the opportunity to drive again, if she chooses to. Look what it takes though, you can't let up. Take TJ for example. That guy has been relentless as far as keeping himself top-of-mind in the fuel ranks. Track consultant, test-driver, whatever, and he drove at Indy this year. It's pretty tough out there, and like I've posted before, there will always be far more drivers than rides.

It's not a matter of Hillary "hanging in there" for that wishful call someday. She's made her decision - she's done with professional driving. It would be a different conversation if she still WANTED to drive and was whining and crying like some drivers have before, publicly wishing and hoping for a driving job or a sponsor. There is more to life than drag racing. I think (but could be wrong), that her family still owns a comp car or whatever.. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she makes another "quiet" run at some point on a Saturday afternoon somewhere, with her family around her - where is where it all started. And there's nothing wrong with that. :D

I think Steve (her Dad) has a couple bracket cars, a '73 Challenger and a bracket dragster that they run locally, but I think it's just for fun and certainly not something Hillary is likely to travel from the Midwest to campaign for $50 and a plastic trophy. I think the alchohol dragster that Bucky Austin tuned while Hillary was in that class is long gone and her Dad's small logging business probably isn't able to fund another car of that caliber anyway. Again, I hate it for her, but at least she can always look back and know that she was one of the elite, if only for a while. That's a lot more than 99.9% of all of us.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back