Hillary Will says she's "done with pro racing" in new podcast (1 Viewer)

Whoah; didn't see this coming. I feel bad for her; she sounds down, which is unlike her. That had to have been a tough interview to do. She's a great person, she's got a great family, so I think she'll move on in life and do just fine. She's got alot to be proud of. Most people will never come close to what she's accomplished in a race car. If you're reading this HW, I wish you all the best. :)

She is truley one of the nicest people I have met in racing. I hope this is just the sadness and shock right after getting the news.

Hopefully after a few days she will regain her footing and continue chasing her dream.

Wow, that is just heartbreaking to hear. You can hear the emotion in those responses.

I hope that she takes whatever break she needs and comes back refreshed and renewed, and doesn't let this jade her.

That was sad to listen to. I wish her well on whatever she pursues that will make her happy.

thanks John....good interview with an absolutely classy lady, on a tough subject.

I've liked her since she jumped up with the Kalitta's, and if I read between the lines, I see her not saying goodbye for good, just goodbye to doing it as a hired gun. I would love for her to go make a success in those 10-15 yrs she guesses she'll be out.

Come back, and own your own team and never fire yourself Hill :)

Class act all the way.....Drag Racing loses a good embassador

:( Oh no!
I am bummed out to hear this. You could hear in her voice that something happened. Really sorry to see her go. :(

I met Hillary when she drove in Alky Dragster, and she got an opportunity that 90% of Sportsman driver will never get! Unfortunetly this sport is dictated by Finances, sucks but there's nothing anybody can do about it!

Oh my gosh, what a heartbreaker. :( First of all, I don't post very often, but those that know me, know what a huge Larry Dixon fan I am. HOWEVER, I'm also a huge fan of Hillary Will. As much as I want to see Larry back into racing, I would never want it to be at Hillary's expense. I'm really torn with this decision from Dote Racing. I really don't understand it. She's a GREAT driver. In her only top fuel win, she BEAT Larry Dixon. If I remember right, it was at Topeka.

As far as being marketable, she's an awesome person. I've met her at the track and you couldn't find a nicer driver and she's great with the fans. Very nice looking, not that it should matter, but this is an image selling world we live in. She doesn't have 3 championships though. I guess that's the difference.

As far as Larry, I'm tentatively happy he's back, but I would have rather seen him with his own team "Larry Dixon Racing." BUT, before anyone gangs up on him, remember, he's a "racer" and when you're called to duty, you're there. Welcome back Larry. You've been missed !!!

Hillary, you'll be missed !!! :(

She's hurt. So bummed to hear this. She is a great driver, and a wonderful ambasador for the sport. Maybe when the shock passes she will change her mind......

But if not,........ I wish her the VERY BEST in what ever she wants.

I hate to see Hillary out as well. I don't think LD was the reason tho. If what I believe happened is correct, it will be obvious to everyone soon. I just hope that when it does, everyone that jumped in to blame LD can realize they shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I hate to see Hillary out as well. I don't think LD was the reason tho. If what I believe happened is correct, it will be obvious to everyone soon. I just hope that when it does, everyone that jumped in to blame LD can realize they shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Yup, Larry just said he is helping out and Leah Pruett will take over the driving choirs next year.

Do not assume that Leah is going to be the driver for Dote racing next year she is just getting her Liscense in that car.

Lets get some sticks and hold Larry down and beat him. WTH ???
Hillary wasn't what they wanted. It is there car and they can do whatever they want. I am quite sure there is more that you are not hearing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back