Hillary Will and Rod Fuller... an item? (1 Viewer)

Lol A couple of people might be rocking the boat , and people get interested lol . Hopfully they get a good ride (excuse the pun) , can never have too many racers racing.

Yes intense is not the words that first pop in my head to describe him. He isnt what everybody thinks he is. I guarantee it.

Here's my story,told as well as i can remember.

I'll NEVER forget my first (and last) time meeting "the snake". It was Gatornationals 1995,and me and about 6 other jr. dragster racers from the Florida area had our cars on display at the jr. tent that year(it was awesome by the way being 12 years old and displaying your car at the Gators!). Well that Friday it rained during qualifying(if i'm not mistaken it rained alot at 95' Gators). Anyways,i was a huge action card collector as a kid and use to go around getting all the drivers autographs on them. So about 4 of us are walking around the pits, they are unusually empty as most of the crowd had left. Drivers and crew chiefs are everywhere shootin the breeze. So we go to Bernsteins pit first,which was across from dixon/snake pit and grab Kenny's Autograph, not only that, it was someones birthday and they even offered us cake! I think it was Kenny's wife if im not mistaken,she was blonde. So we say thank you for everything and run over to snake's pit as we see him and dixon and a few others talking right in front. So right as we go up to snake to get him to sign our stuff,some other people come up to him and tell him he's needed somewhere,so he signs two of my friends things and as i go to hand him a card to sign,he flips out and says " You kids go away! Go eat your cake or something!" and just storms off,with this mean look from hell on his face. I could'nt believe it. I vividly remember looking over at Dixon and saying aloud,"I'm not EVEN going to try and get your autograph now." It was a shame. The Snake tainted 4 young fans view on him for life.

Two totally different ends of the spectrum. One team offering cake and all the autographs we want,to another yelling at kids for taking up a minute of his time.

Last edited:
His ex-wife? What was her name? I recall meeting her when she running SC in Div6 before Rodney scooped her up.

I don't remember what year but I was under 10 so it was somewhere between 82-85. We were at Indy but either stayed over an day or it rained because we went to the Indy 500 Museum. As we are checking things out in walks Snake. Shocked us to see a drag racing god here at this place. He was very nice, snapped a quick picture with my brother and I and went on his way.

Guess it just depends on which day you catch 'em... I had a bad experiance with Bernstein (really bad, and a couple of them...), and Snake treated me well. --M--

Its funny you should mention peoples demeanors . I was on another forum where some people complaining about Warren Johnson getting the K&N sponsorship and that it should of gone to someone more deserving and complaining about Warren Johnsons attitude and stuff , and it got me thinking about Role Models . Over the years there have been some pretty gruff and hard man types in drag racing and any racing for that matter , and because of what they do they get considered role models yet none of them set out to be role models they set out to be drag racers .

I would hate to be considered a role model because you become expected to say certain things and do certain things and act a certain way when I would rather just be myself .

Celebrities must go through hell , as soon as they do something wrong everyone is all over them I mean they are only human .

Yeah, like it or not, we're the customer, and it's part of their job. I think that it's not too much to expect at least polite treatment. By-the-way, I have no problem with WJ's "gruffness"; he just doesn't care to socialize 'til the workday's done...

I may have just caught DP on a bad day. Most of the drivers have all been very friendly, well except for Shirley. Long story there.
I would much rather my children and grandchildren have drag racers as role models as to have them looking up to the thugs and criminals in football, basketball and baseball.

Go Hotrod. :)

I am 20 years old and I can say that I have learnt more in my short life so far from gruff hard men then I have from um well I was going to use a certain word but there may be kids reading lol .

There's a difference between "learning" and getting an autograph from a driver.

Also,i've prob. had WJ sign 20(i kid you not) different items since i started going to the Gators in 1990 and EVERY time he's never had a problem with stopping to sign whatever i gave him to sign.

Snake has always been OK by me. Even when I had to go down to the shop to fix a slightly crooked front wing on Larry's car (that was my fault). It was Indy time, and he walked up and said " What are you doing?" I said, Mr. Snake...I am fixing this wing that I mounted. He said "so you're gonna make it right?" I said Yes Sir. He then patted me on the back and said " Carry on young man. Pretty cool guy I think. bOb

Sure there are people who are serially moody. But overall these people can be nice to 1000 fans but the 1 that they piss off is the story that people will here.

I always feel bad going up to them just cuz I feel like I am bothering them

Sure there are people who are serially moody. But overall these people can be nice to 1000 fans but the 1 that they piss off is the story that people will here.

I always feel bad going up to them just cuz I feel like I am bothering them

PJ, You Are Right...
and that's all I'm going to say

d'kid

I have always found Shirley to be a wonderful person and very friendly, willing to sign autographs til her hands fall off. Met the Snake at a bad time once, he was really sick and looked sick, so it was "Hi Snake! Uh...Bye Snake!" Any other time tho he was a gentleman, and I got a chuckle out of him as I had him autograph some artwork of him and Mongoose that a friend had drawn for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back