Hight maintains position (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Pomona, Friday: Championship contender Robert Hight managed to hold onto his positional lead over Tim Wilkerson and Cruz Pedregon but the two time runner-up was looking for a bigger performance improvement during Friday’s session. The ever optimistic Hight was as he described it “depressed” with his car’s performance but also encouraged that he had two more shots on Saturday to move up to the top part of the Funny Car standings.

“It would have been nice to run one of those 4.10s and be up near the top. I don’t like being down near the bottom or middle of the pack. If we would have run a ten that would have really forced those other guys (Wilkerson and Cruz Pedregon) to push a little bit. They are in trouble anyway. Cruz isn’t even in and Wilkerson’s sixteen I don’t think is safe. They both have to step up. We do too. I wanted to do better,” said Hight.

During his run Hight’s Auto Club/LA Dodgers Ford Mustang lost traction at about three hundred feet and Tony Pedregon crossed the center line in front of him setting off the timing cones and voiding the timers for both lanes. Hight was philosophical about the lost session.

“If we would have been ahead of Tony it wouldn’t have mattered that he crossed the center line. He red-lit and that screwed me up a little. He left an hour early and I hit the gas. It just wasn’t a good run. We are still ahead of the guys we need to be so two (qualifying sessions) down and two to go.”

Attachments

• Robert_Hight.jpg
    Robert_Hight.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 168
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back