Hernandez brings sizable points lead into Bristol (1 Viewer)

Hernandez brings sizable points lead into Bristol

BRISTOL, TENN. - Despite the end of his dominating winning streak in AMS Pro Mod competition, Josh Hernandez, driver of the Dr. Moon's Rage 68 Camaro, still maintains a sizable lead in the championship points race and drives what is the quickest and arguably the most consistent car competing in the AMS Pro Mod Challenge.

With five events in the record books, Hernandez holds a 996 point lead over the closest competitor - nearly two event wins (each race win earns 500 points). Regardless of the lead, Hernandez is focused on maintaining his top position and returning to his winning ways as he heads into Bristol Tennessee for the rescheduled O'Reilly Thunder Valley Nationals this weekend.

"As a team, we work toward consistency and repeatability - so, coming into Bristol, we're all focused on doing what we've learned works. Howard [Moon, crew chief] and the guys are like machines - they just get their heads down and push forward," Hernandez said.

"Losing in Englishtown was more of an emotional disappointment for us - we always want to win when we come to the line, and, when it didn't happen, it kind of threw us for a loop. I think, though, it will work to our advantage, because we're all more focused on getting the win this weekend," he said.

"I love racing at Bristol, it's an amazing facility, and I'm sure they got the launch pad issues worked out and things will be totally up to par for all of the NHRA tracks we race at," he said.

This weekend's race race was originally scheduled for early June, but track safety concerns forced repair of the track and rescheduling of the event.

Qualifying in the sixth of ten AMS Pro Mod Challenge events begins Friday July 6, and continues Saturday, July 7, with the first round of eliminations scheduled for Saturday evening. Eliminations are scheduled to be completed Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back