Hedges Ready to Finish Strong (1 Viewer)

Hedges Ready to Finish Strong

This weekend marks the end of the divisional swing for Dave Hedges and the Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels blown alcohol dragster Team. After qualifying for the first two events, they are looking to finish strong in Columbus this weekend.

“After hurting a motor last weekend, we used the short week at the shop to get things back together and freshened up. Coming to the end of this three week swing we would really like to go some rounds with this Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels dragster. Evan gives us everything we need to make this car successful and we would really like to give him a Wally at the end of the weekend,” said crew chief Brian Pfeifer.

The Team is in the midst of one its best seasons yet. After going to the first final round of his Top Alcohol career in Ohio earlier this year, Hedges is optimistic about the upcoming weekend.

“The guys on my car work so hard and this has been a busy three weeks for all of us. We all have jobs to go back to each Monday and sometimes it can get kind of hectic when we have back-to-back-to-back races, but it is all worth it to be out here competing each week. One of the best things about racing this class is the people involved. I mean we all want to win when we get up to the line, but at the end of the day we really are friends. Last week, I got to celebrate with couple of my teammates in Indy. Maybe this weekend it will be our turn,” said Hedges.

Friday qualifying will begin at 5 PM. On Saturday, they will get one shot at 1 PM and then the field will be set after the final shot at 5 PM. Eliminations will begin on Sunday following the opening ceremonies which are scheduled to begin at 12:30.

Quick Facts
  • Earlier this year, Hedges reached the final round for the first time at a Lucas Oil Series event.
  • Last year, the Team finished in the Top 10 in the Divisional points standings. He is currently sitting in the Top 5.
  • The Team based out of Decatur , Michigan is owned by Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels.
  • Driver, Dave Hedges, has over 25 years of racing experience.

The Team would like to thank their major sponsors Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels and Seelye – Wright Auto Group and their associate sponsors Autometer, Fatheadz Sunglasses, Hoosier Tires, Lucas Oil, NGK Sparkplugs and Powershield Coatings for their continued support this year.

The Team is owned by Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels. By logging onto www.torcoracefuels.com you can access their full line of innovative products including racing gasoline, additives, and Skull Gear.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back