Heartless Eco-Nazis (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
The eco whack jobs are so pure that anything that's not natural or associated with man is bad. For an example in Oregon the eco kooks arranged to have thousands of salmon clubed to death simply because they were hatchery fish which added to the low salmon numbers in recent years.

Now here's another one to illustrate just how whacked out these purist bastards that practice "deep ecology" really are. A bear cub was found rejected by his mother. The cub will survive if put into a zoo. But instead the proud global warming fearing ecologists wants the cub put to death because they think that would be better then having it raised by humans.

Environmentalis are nobody's friend...not even the animals!

When more farm fish return to the hatchery than are needed for eggs and semen for the next generation, the fish are killed to prevent them from breeding with wild fish and weakening native stocks. Many say clubbing salmon is the most humane way to kill the fish.

Since I fish and hunt I am by no means an animal rights activist. But I am counted among the conservationists, environmenalists, and sportsmen who support the restoration of the deleted wild salmon and steelhead stocks here in the Pacific Northwest. If that means killing the excess hatchery fish when necessary, then I have no problem with using clubbing as a method to accomplish that end.

If you want to lump sport fishermen like me with the likes of PETA and Earth First extremists and call us 'nazis' I suppose that's your business. Even so, I will still agree with you that there is nothing wrong with putting that bear cub in a zoo.

Rich... there's always a few bad apples in a bunch, you can't lump all environmentalists as a bunch of crazy a-holes.

Here's a list of the organizations working on wild salmon restoration whom Rich paints with a broad brush and labels 'purist bastards' and 'eco-nazi':

Save Our Wild Salmon | About Us | Member Groups

Oddly enough, so-called 'animal rights' organizations like People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and the Humane Society of the United States are not listed among the supporting organizations.

There's a LOT of bad apples in the bunch and they often do more harm than good. If you think putting to sleep a cub is a good idea when there are zoos that can take care of this cub then go join one of these groups.

Last edited:
Environmentalis are nobody's friend...not even the animals!

Some environmentalists are no one's friends. There is a fringe element in every single group known to man.

I am in total support of common sense care of the environment. There is a portion of 'mankind' who thinks nothing about what they are doing to the planet, what will be left for future generations, and who have little regard for anything but the almighty buck.

The People who were here first practiced common sense ecology. They never took more then they needed, and gave back to the earth. They thought ahead to how their actions today would affect the 7th Generation from then. Too bad they and their culture were all but wiped out for the almighty dollar.

...If you think putting to sleep a cub is a good idea when there are zoos that can take care of this cub then go join one of these groups.

I specifically mentioned that I would support placing that cub bear in a zoo. You're still painting with a broad brush since you have provided no evidence whatsoever that the groups listed favor putting this bear down rather than placing it in a zoo. The truth is that it is so-called 'animal rights' organizations, not conservation and environmental organizations, that have called for the killing of the club - as most media coverage have made clear.

BERLIN, Germany (AP) -- Berlin Zoo's abandoned polar bear cub Knut looks cute, cuddly and has become a front-page media darling, but an animal rights activist insisted Monday he would have been better off dead than raised by humans.

"Feeding by hand is not species-appropriate but a gross violation of animal protection laws," animal rights activist Frank Albrecht was quoted as saying by the mass-circulation Bild daily, which has featured regular photo spreads tracking fuzzy Knut's frolicking.

"The zoo must kill the bear."

I've been around long enough to know that most of the extreem groups are all of the same ilk. I have nothing against sensable environmentalism but such a thing is rare these days because they don't know where to stop in there ideology.

I happen to think that we, and anything we produce, is as much a part of nature as anything. That includes nuclear power, etc.

I read once that there are more trees today than there were 200 years ago. The reason is supposed to be that the number one cause of tree loss is the same thing it's always been...forest fires. Difference is they destroy fewer trees today because nobody was cutting fire breaks with Cat dozers or dropping water scooped up from lakes with choppers.

What this makes me wonder is, shouldn't the purist enviros take that as us interfering with the natural course of forest fires? :D

They have a let it burn policy that of course adds more carbon to the air. Even the dimwit Governor of Oregon won't allow salvage logging after a fire and the idiot was re-elected. I like the man but would never vote for him because of that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back