Have You Hugged Your Track Owner Today? (1 Viewer)

Fast Al

Nitro Member
On this day of Thanksgiving, why not send an e-mail or phone call to your local track operator. Ever thought about the fact that they lay their financial a$$ on the line, every time they open the gate to us? What would be the consequences to our racing endevours, should they close up shop? So, go on, let em know you appreciate them bein there!!
al cacioppo

Excellent reminder Al. There are so many who make our lives great by doing their daily jobs that it's not enough to just think about it or mention it in our prayers or casual conversation. I think it's appropriate we seek out those out and thank them personally for their contributions in our awesome lives. I took your advice already and will send a bunch more out so as to not take these folks for granted another day.

Saveatree.jpg

I'm already VERY good friends with my track owner. Have known him since I was a teenager when he was there as a tech inspector. Watched him go from working there to leasing the place to taking the plunge of financing the place. It's why he has no set season. If it's 50 degrees, he's running. When he leased it, the payments were only during season. Now the payments are EVERY month.

Donnie Phillips deals with racers who don't like this or that decision, employees, and people who move in nextdoor to complain about a track that's been there since 1965. One person slips and he'll be in court being portrayed as putting horns on first thing every morning. He's just a regular guy who took a chance.

I was in a restaurant with him a couple years ago. A waitress put it all on one check when we were paying seperately. The cashier made a math mistake when we shuffled some tens and twenties around with her, and she was trying to charge him a few bucks less than she should have. She was even rudely arguing with him about it at one point. I know MANY people would have jumped to take their money at the first hint of error. This guy stood there and endured several minutes of back and forth BS to get them to take their money. I have to admit, there was a point when I just wanted to leave because she was being ridiculous. Afterwards he told me "If I took that, it would come back on me somewhere."

411 Dragway

I'm not going to hug him! :D Does remind me of a story he told me about a female announcer who thought a mic was off. She was telling her friend on the cell phone (and the whole track!) about how painful her nipple piercings ended up being! :D

Last edited:
While there are some really good track owners, there are also some track owners who could care less about racers! They take the "if you don't like it, leave" attitude! :confused:

Well, Well, Well if it isn't Curtis Terry? You're smiling so life must be good! Now who on earth would ever want to say anything nice to Ron Craft at RMR after canceling CIFCA races forever? I'll hug him when we are invited back but you'll have to hug him until then, fair deal? See you in Pomona!

Well, Well, Well if it isn't Curtis Terry? You're smiling so life must be good! Now who on earth would ever want to say anything nice to Ron Craft at RMR after canceling CIFCA races forever? I'll hug him when we are invited back but you'll have to hug him until then, fair deal? See you in Pomona!

Bobby, Maybe if you had hugged him in the past?
heh heh
al

Bobby, Maybe if you had hugged him in the past?
heh heh
al
Heck Al,
We not only hugged him, we packed his stands and furnished him with full fields of Funny Cars for nearly a decade. Our average travel time to SLC was 12 hours per team. If that's not enough, I doubt being squeezed by greasy men would help? The reason I'm so whiney is because that was one of our favorite stops on the CIFCA tour despite the travel. We all love that track and Ron for that matter.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back