Has the NHRA thrown in the towel? (1 Viewer)

DC didn't get shafted. He was a victim of his own starting line games. In the interview he said something to the effect that in "his pair" he didn't get 7 seconds. He should have known the 7 seconds doesn't start for him when one of the cars in "his pair" stages. The 7 seconds starts when any one of the four cars moves in to stage. Lane 1 staged and the countdown started. Even if it were a true 7 seconds, or 10 seconds for that matter, DC made no attempt to move his car in to stage at all.

Between DC and Stanfield, both of those guys were waiting for each other and both got what they deserve for holding the group out.

Just like Greg Anderson said well before the DC incident...with 4 cars on the line it's confusing enough. You need to move in and stage like you're supposed to. Playing games will only hurt YOU.

RG
That's the truth...... I lost a bit of respect with DC's ranting during his interview. It's hard enough for the Pro Stock guys to get in and get there engine's up, and he was going to try and burn them down??? WTF??? and then bit<h about it when he failed???

As far as 1,000 ft. racing, I think if you ask most of the teams and drivers, they're very content with nitro racing staying at 1,000'.

Lets face it, they can't even handle FI in Pro Stock how are the going to resolve issues with cars with 3-4 times the HP?

Ain't that the truth! The lack of the sanctioning body's applicable knowledge on the technical side of things across the board is embarrasing. EFI should've been under the hoods of Pro Stockers a loooooong time ago, and yes, the fuel cars can be effectively slowed down. Will it come at a cost? Of course. But it is sometimes necessary to take one step back to take two or more forward. And believe me, getting these cars slowed down to where they can safely run 1320 feet will involve measures that will move the sport forward in the long run.

Between DC and Stanfield, both of those guys were waiting for each other and both got what they deserve for holding the group out.RG

Amen, brother! And I'm a DC fan! ;)

Sean D

There is a new generation in drag racing that has been introduced to racing by free tickets in ADRL. Some of the most exciting racing you can find.

These people could care less about that second 1/8th mile.

I have customers call and tell us "I have a mid 5 second bike, and I need whatever" When I realize it is not Spiderman McBride, then we realize they race 1/8th mile. They don't even bother to tell us at the beginning of the conversation.

There are a lot of people in the south east who have never been down a full 1/4 mile track.

It could well be the future of drag racing, if there is one.

There is a new generation in drag racing that has been introduced to racing by free tickets in ADRL. Some of the most exciting racing you can find.

These people could care less about that second 1/8th mile.

I have customers call and tell us "I have a mid 5 second bike, and I need whatever" When I realize it is not Spiderman McBride, then we realize they race 1/8th mile. They don't even bother to tell us at the beginning of the conversation.

There are a lot of people in the south east who have never been down a full 1/4 mile track.

It could well be the future of drag racing, if there is one.

Everyone has said how much safer 1/8 mile is than 1/4 mile, yet you sure see your share of crashes at ADRL races!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back