Happy 4th! (1 Viewer)

Happy Independence Day Tom.
And thanks to all past, present and future military personnel and their families.

Happy Independence Day Tom.
And thanks to all past, present and future military personnel and their families.
I may get flamed for this but ... I think the most important thing about today is that we remember that a crowded room of our forefathers in Philadelphia signed a document today that told the Queen to shove it.

While I agree we can never thank our military enough EVER ... that IS NOT what today is about. Today is about the birth of the greatest country on the planet.

Yes, the military played a significant role, but it's about those men who had the courage to formally break from England and create our United States.

I agree Jim, imagine the guts it took to stand up and sign knowing that your world was going to change forever. This Independance day had special meaning for me this year, as it's the last in at least the near future to spend with my oldest son....leaving for the Marines in a few short weeks...could not be more proud.

I may get flamed for this but ... I think the most important thing about today is that we remember that a crowded room of our forefathers in Philadelphia signed a document today that told the Queen to shove it.

While I agree we can never thank our military enough EVER ... that IS NOT what today is about. Today is about the birth of the greatest country on the planet.

Yes, the military played a significant role, but it's about those men who had the courage to formally break from England and create our United States.

The only thing I like to point is they told King George the third to go screw.

The quote I have heard used regarding the boldness of the founding fathers is "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." which is attributed to Benjamin Franklin.

The other point about the founding fathers is they founded this country based on reason, something that is sorely lacking today. I love my country enough that I want to point out its flaws so we can only make it better.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back