Handheld Flash Tuners. (1 Viewer)

Rexfiles

Nitro Member
Anyone here have any experience with reprogramming their cars vs. mechanical performance enhancements?

I have a '06 4.0 V6 Mustang Pony package (Black, they are faster;):))

I was always planning on keeping it bone stock, not a rocket sled w/210hp, but good handling with it's GT suspension and Pirelli P Zero nero's, also easy on the eye's, IMO.

I came across a Roush CAI a couple weeks ago and decided to buy it (cheap).

I installed it (ten minutes), and while the intake sound was a little louder, I really did not notice any power gain, even though mfgs claims are always to the contrary.

I then heard a "Flash" tuner would "wake it up", and purchased a Diablosport Predator tuner on ebay for $200. (MSRP is $369.)

Of course if they are used they are "married" to the car they were first used on until the stock tune is restored.

They can then be reused.

So today I got it FedEx, plugged it in, followed the prompts, and while the car did not turn into a pro stock.........

I'm IMPRESSED!!

If this thing did not pick up some double digit RWHP, I'd be surprised.

Seems like a VERY noticeable gain.

Anyone else have experience in this realm of performance tuning?

Pluses?

Minuses?

REX

I used a Diablo programmer on my 99 Trans Am and by playing with shift points and timing was able to knock several tenths off my quarter mile time. I still use it for real time diagnostics, but did end up buying HP Tuners which lets you play with even more functions. I think the hand helds are definately worth it for daily drivers that may go to the track every once in a while.

Cool beans:)

Just last night I put a Shelby Mustang muffler on the car that i got on ebay (34 bucks plus 29.95 shipping)

Less restrictive definitely, and mellow, not a raspy fart can.

Seems like before when i would "punch it" getting on a on ramp near my home, at a certain point I would be doing around 60 when I got to the end of the ramp.

Last night at the SAME spot, i was close to 80:eek:

All this for LESS than 400 smackers. (and a hour total time........)

Neato:)

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back