Haddock Chasing His Dream in Tulsa (1 Viewer)

Haddock Chasing His Dream in Tulsa
TULSA (August 21, 2008) - Things are definitely looking good for IHRA Funny Car points-leader Terry Haddock. This weekend he debuts his newly decorated Lend America Chevy Monte Carlo as he attempts to hold on to his dream of winning the world championship. Haddock announced just this week his signing of national mortgage company Lend America as title sponsor for the remaining races of the season, and the journeyman racer is ready to perform at the Sooner Nationals at Tulsa Raceway Park in Tulsa, Okla.

"Having Lend America come on board right now has given us all a great boost," Haddock explained. "Mike Ashley [Lend America VP and Chief Business Strategist] knows how important focus is when you're trying to win a championship, and with his sponsorship and the support of others like Dean's Casing Service who is stepping up for this Tulsa race, we can rest assured that we won't have little things like blower belts and couplings nagging at us.

"This weekend will be a challenge because of the heat. There's a possibility that we can really knock it out of the park, but at this point in the season, I want to play it smart, qualify well, and maintain our lead. We're on the verge of a dream come true," Haddock said.

Pro Stock Racer Dean Goforth, owner of Dean's Casing Service, has joined in support of Haddock this weekend and said he loves "getting behind the underdog. Terry does everything on his car - from bottom end to cook and truck driver - and he's really got a shot at winning it all, so I wanted to do my part.

"I know how much it costs to run a Pro Stock car and try to be competitive, and I'm sure it takes a lot more to run nitro - so I'm sure he can use the support. I'm happy to help," Goforth said.

Haddock added, "I can't thank guys like Mike and Dean enough. I feel really confident coming into this weekend, and I know we're going to do well."

Qualifying begins with one round scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday, and continues Saturday with another round at 2 p.m. followed by the final "Night of Fire" qualifying session scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. Final eliminations are scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. Sunday, August 24.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back