Habanero peppers ~ cleans out your sinus'! (1 Viewer)

Boy, Chris. You were INDEED tangling with fire when you did that. No hotter than a jalapeno?? HAH? Take it from a confimred chili head (ME!) that Jalapeno's are actually considered mild compared to habaneros/scotch bonnet peppers. Here's a heat ranking chart that shows what I mean.

You'll note that habaneros are 20 to 75 times hotter than jalapeño. Personally, I love habanero sauce. Done correctly, a good habanero sauce will have a fragrent, somewhat nutty smell and taste. I love it on eggs and hash browns, amongst other things. Because a good sauce is expensive, I make my own year's supply every fall when the peppers start appearing at the farmer's markets up here. When I make it, my wife usually will find a good reason to leave the house for the day until the toxic fog dissipates a bit.

Next time you work with them, wear rubber gloves, wash utensils and cutting board thoroughly, and whatever you do, for heaven's sake DON'T rub your eyes!! Oh, and wash hands with Go-Jo before you take a leak. GoJo will cut through the oils quite nicely. (Go ahead, ask me how I know this fact! Yowch!!:eek:)

Hot peppers! The food you get to experience twice! Roto-Rooter for the circulatory system!

Last edited:
Dave's Insanity Sauce..if you stick a toothpick in it and then stir your bowl of chili..that's about enough.

Found it about 20 yrs ago..and I whined when it was $5 a bottle. The sales guy says "Yea..but you can pass it on to your grandchildren"

Dave's Store

I've got several different types of bottles of this brand, including the insanity sauce. Good stuff Maynard!! :)

Joe, where is the Hatch Chili Pepper festival from you? My wife has always wanted to go to that....

It's a lot of fun Alan, it almost makes putting up with my relatives that live in Cruces bearable!

Just as a side note, there aren't a whole lot of rest stops in between towns :p

It's a lot of fun Alan, it almost makes putting up with my relatives that live in Cruces bearable!

Just as a side note, there aren't a whole lot of rest stops in between towns :p

I'm sure we'll make plans to go one year and check it out.

And there are plenty of cactii, right??:eek::p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back