Guy gets a great deal on car, dealer tries to reneg... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Dealer screwed up and forgot to put a reserve on the Ebay action and guy gets an insane deal on an SRT8 Challenger. But the dealer doesn't want to comply...

Original thread on Challenger Forums: NEW 2009 SRT8 Challenger sells for $29.1K - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Autoblog story: Yet Again: Dealer accused of failing to honor eBay deal for new car and this time it's a Dodge Challenger — Autoblog

The dealer screwed up. Just give him the damn car for the price he "won." :mad:

If they force the dealer to sell the car, then eBay should force the deadbeats who bid on listings and dont follow through to pay up. We get them all the time, and eBay basically does nothing. You cant even leave negative feedback if you are a seller---only positive. I know this deal on the new car will get lots of press, but it is the same basic deal--just bigger dollars. If the guy had gotten buyers remorse and walked away because he paid too much, that would be ok I guess.

Knew there was a reason I don't E-bay

Heck, I don't shop on-line at all, I'm a touch shopper, and only pay CASH.

Obviously the guy has no leg to stand on. If there is a misprint then the dealer does NOT have to sell it ( and I would not either ), especially if a $45,000 car is $29000.

If the ebay customer wants to purchase it he will just have to raise his sights or buy a different one...

Obviously the guy has no leg to stand on. If there is a misprint then the dealer does NOT have to sell it ( and I would not either ), especially if a $45,000 car is $29000.

If the ebay customer wants to purchase it he will just have to raise his sights or buy a different one...

There was no misprint. The guy who listed the auction for the dealer was obviously a newbie and forgot to set a reserve. The buyer won the auction fair and square.

OK I have bought and sold on E-Bay quite a bit, mostly electronics which is very risky at best, over the years I've had one bad experiance buying, to which I settled for half price plus shipping of the Amp. Hey it was a 25 year old amp that was "tested and working" when it shipped, it didn't and I lost a few bucks. As far as selling on E-Bay goes you better have your stuff in order or you won't be doing much buisness there. BTW Both My Brothers have SRT8's and the cheapest one was 43,000, (they are sweet too, Black on Black 6 speed sunroof, almost identical) so good luck to this Guy at 29,000.

Last edited:
Well, Hitman got the deal... the dealership honored the 29,100 plus taxes, tags, ect...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back