GSA Las Vegas Thread (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Buns

Nitro Member
Another race weekend is upon us and thankfully, it includes Pro Mods!

Will KH Balooshi keep alive his winning ways? He looked unstoppable in Gainesville and you can't argue with the momentum that team has built.

Looks to be only 2 nitrous cars registered for this weekend - Balooshi and Rickie Smith. No Pat Musi?

One of the biggest stories of Gainesville was the lack of performance from the turbo cars. Will they step it up in the desert?

Danny Rowe seems to be right there in every race. That team is firing on all cylinders. I expect another big weekend from Danny, Jimmy, and the whole team.

What are your thoughts going into the race weekend?

how many PM teams race nhra & adrl?

what's the same? what changes?......car / motor / setup

prefer 1/8 or 1/4? or 1000' if offered?

how many PM teams race nhra & adrl?

what's the same? what changes?......car / motor / setup

prefer 1/8 or 1/4? or 1000' if offered?

Not many. Rickie Smith & KH Balooshi are the only ones that are entered this weekend that run in the ADRL, too.

As far as differences, there are a ton. Weight, engine combinations.. There about as different as two cars that run under the 'same class' can be.

I like 1/4 mile for Pro Mods but 1/8 mile in the ADRL is pretty cool, too.

i think the altitude will hurt the N2O cars more than the blown combos. I bet those damn hair dryers will still run 250mph. .then again, I've been wrong before!

Like I said, I'm looking for big performances from KH and Danny Rowe this weekend. Mike Knowles is certainly a threat with his new car as well as Kenny Lang in his new Summit Camaro.

Bring on Q1!

Not many. Rickie Smith & KH Balooshi are the only ones that are entered this weekend that run in the ADRL, too......

so in a sense, if only a small handful run both series, the chance for PM to
become a full-time pro series in NHRA is unlikely as ADRL's 100% emphasis
is towards PM classes and seem rite now anyways to attract more racers?
(nhra pro focus is nitro and PS to a degree)

not to mention ADRL's shakeup in management - they seem totally committed
to everything PM, from tickets sales to parts to chassis to entry fees;
here and in middle east (winter series)
smart actually, something NHRA is not good at & only recently has begun
to experiment with on part time basis, and maybe not at all if not for r2b2?

so in a sense, if only a small handful run both series, the chance for PM to
become a full-time pro series in NHRA is unlikely as ADRL's 100% emphasis
is towards PM classes and seem rite now anyways to attract more racers?
(nhra pro focus is nitro and PS to a degree)

not to mention ADRL's shakeup in management - they seem totally committed
to everything PM, from tickets sales to parts to chassis to entry fees;
here and in middle east (winter series)
smart actually, something NHRA is not good at & only recently has begun
to experiment with on part time basis, and maybe not at all if not for r2b2?

Possibly. It's a different world in the ADRL. With 1/8 mile racing, it changes everything up. Turbo cars don't have much of a chance. I wouldn't imagine we'll be seeing any of those guys transitioning to the ADRL at any point.

I'm not sure that we'll see Pro Mods become a full time "Pro" class in the NHRA as most of the racers are happy with a 10 race schedule. Obviously, the money and resources needed go way up when running a full schedule and I don't believe that most of the Pro Mod racers are prepared it.

Thankfully, the ADRL does seem to be making a big push towards creating a responsible and legitimate racing business. With the new points-based championship, bigger payout totals, and the aforementioned personnel changes, the ADRL is poised to do big things.

People love doorslammers and it's a nearly wide-open market on the big stage. ADRL is doing a great job of giving them a place to race.

Well, KA Balooshi is gonna run away with this title if another team doesn't step up! Another incredible showing from the Speedtech Camaro. Congrats to that team!

So much for the nitrous cars not competing this year.

And someone please help Roger Burgess out on the starting line. He rolled through the lights in Gainesville and left with a .226 reaction time against Rickie Smith giving Tricky the win. Steve Petty has given Roger the car to win both races and it's been lost at the line both times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back