Grime Boss = New Primary Sponsor For Jim Dunn Racing (1 Viewer)

Big Jim Dunn always seems to be able to find a sponsor, many that are new to drag racing, even without the performance. I too, would like to see some performance gains there.

for media exposure flying bodies trump performance everyday.
now, who will be the lucky sole driving jim's convertibles in 2013?

for media exposure flying bodies trump performance everyday..........

This! Crazy ain't it!?! I know I saw more of the TapIt car this year than Hagan's car. Not saying that Hagan was high performance, but his car typically went A to B without exploding.

10 years ago they were a contender for event wins.

I don't think Jim Dunn's team has been a contender since it was Jim Dunn doing the driving. Even in the Kenji days they hardly went rounds with the exception of the US Nats the one year. With Hofmann, I followed them very closely and they either went out first round or DNQ'd just about every race, and that was 11 years ago. At that time they had all the tools and equipment to go rounds, they just never did for some reason.

From the horses mouth (Hofmann) Jim was satisfied just showing up for the race. You can see that ho - hum attitude when they interview Jim with at the start when they just after they get that once in a blue moon round win.

Give him credit, he has been racing non stop with a sponsor at every race for as long as I can remember.

For the record, Al and Jim and got along just fine, other then the different racing philosophy (winning vs just showing up)

I recall at least two rather violent explosions with Al in the seat even back then. One was at the top end in Vegas - must have been 2001 in the yellow Moon car, the other was a banger at the start, not sure of the race. It blew at the hit of the throttle and was violent enough to blow the body off.

A big round of applause to Forward Sports Marketing. While others scramble to find sponsorship dollars, Jim Dunn Racing always manages to put a deal together to keep going. Not sure how lucrative of a deal it really is, but it seems to be keeping the car out there on the track.

Well done.

Good for Jim.

While I've never been a big fan of Jim's (never seemed very fan friendly), he's managed to "hang-in-there" and (presumably) make a living.

I suspect - budget-wise - his programs are a bargain.

in all fairness to jim and his program, and to say something a little more
productive than 'convertible'; i also applaud his efforts to keep his single
car team going; it re-emphasizes the point that winning is only part of the
program; i have been introduced to brands via jim's teams
over the years that i mite have otherwise never known existed.
thanks for all you do big jim.

i mean.....penthouse!, who knew it would become my favorite magazine! ;)

always watch his warmups, gotta' love his mooneyes tank.

Last edited:
Good for Jim.

While I've never been a big fan of Jim's (never seemed very fan friendly), he's managed to "hang-in-there" and (presumably) make a living.

I suspect - budget-wise - his programs are a bargain.

I gotta disagree with you on not being fan friendly, at Phoenix we stopped at Dunns pit and he was very accomodating, talked to us like old friends for 15 minutes or so.

Not sure if the programs are a bargain or not, it does take a certain amount of money to run at the level they run at, and that amount isnt small.

To me Jim and his opperation represent what I like about pro drag racing in the modern era.

I don't think Jim Dunn's team has been a contender since it was Jim Dunn doing the driving. Even in the Kenji days they hardly went rounds with the exception of the US Nats the one year. With Hofmann, I followed them very closely and they either went out first round or DNQ'd just about every race, and that was 11 years ago. At that time they had all the tools and equipment to go rounds, they just never did for some reason.

From the horses mouth (Hofmann) Jim was satisfied just showing up for the race. You can see that ho - hum attitude when they interview Jim with at the start when they just after they get that once in a blue moon round win.

Give him credit, he has been racing non stop with a sponsor at every race for as long as I can remember.

For the record, Al and Jim and got along just fine, other then the different racing philosophy (winning vs just showing up)

I recall at least two rather violent explosions with Al in the seat even back then. One was at the top end in Vegas - must have been 2001 in the yellow Moon car, the other was a banger at the start, not sure of the race. It blew at the hit of the throttle and was violent enough to blow the body off.

Can't forget '99 with Frank Pedregon and the controversial Penthouse sponsor. 4th place finish and Indy win.

I gotta disagree with you on not being fan friendly,

I agree with Scott. The Dunns were very nice to me and my wife. Jon in particular went out of his way to show us a good time, inviting us into the trailer, and even taking us over and introducing us to Frank Pedregon who was on the CSK team at the time.

Grime Boss, thanks for coming on board with the Dunn team and NHRA drag racing.

I need an order of hand wipes for my shop so its definitely going to be Grime Boss brand.

Just to be an owner......

I remember the one time I posted that Jim Dunn should consider hiring a crew chief instead of changing drivers all the time, I got blasted.

Jim is cool - never had a bad experience with him, but maybe it's time he hand over the wrenches to another guy....

It's Jim's team and he's obviously enjoying himself! As long as sponsors keep wanting to invest in his team based on their current performance, I say good for him!! Tune the hell out of it Jim!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back