Got a good dose of nitro this weekend (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
I am always excited the first time an engine I built, or helped build, fires for the first. It doesn't matter if it is a Slant Six Mopar, an FE Ford, or anything else, hearing the engine light on the first hit of the key still gets my heart thumping.
This past weekend, the nitro hemi of my buddy's nostalgia F/C lit as soon as I pulled the mag wire.
It may be old hat to some, but this was the first blown fuel Hemi for which I put the short block together.
We fired the engine just to make sure there were no leaks. There were none.
If you listen, right at the end of the video, the crew chief says, "Let's do it again." We were going to lean the fuel out some. But it started raining and that put an end to the day.
It sure sounded, and smelled, good.

Black tee shirts and jeans go right along with the nostalgia concept. Don't wear uniforms.

While we did not coordinate our clothing apparel that day, it's hilarious it worked out the way it did.
Our crew chief, the guy in the driver seat, was the only one who wore a team t-shirt.

Invader? As in, "Mighty" Mike Van Sant "Invader" ???

Loved those cars....with the red Mustang with Youngblood's version of two eyes peering out at you as a favorite of mine...

Would be cool if it's a nod to that car, or ....an older Glen Solano Invader 'Vette

I like these "just the crew at the shop" videos. Gives people a taste of what/where 95% of the work is done.

Good share!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back