Goodguys 07 (1 Viewer)

The new schedule is out. It appears that there is only three races. Only one in the Northwest, Indy and Ohio. Nothing mid or southwest.

Goodguys Fuel & Gas Finals Nov. 03, 04, 05, 2006

Hey this season is not over yet and there are 16 to 18 Nitro Funny Cars expected for the Goodguys Fuel & Gas Finals Nov. 03, 04, 05, 2006 at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, CA. With driving appearances by Ron Capps in the "Hard Times" Dodge Challenger and Del Worsham in the "Blue Max" Mustang it should be a very fun weekend!

Check out the new website for the Nostalgia Funny Car Association

Hey this season is not over yet and there are 16 to 18 Nitro Funny Cars expected for the Goodguys Fuel & Gas Finals Nov. 03, 04, 05, 2006 at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, CA. With driving appearances by Ron Capps in the "Hard Times" Dodge Challenger and Del Worsham in the "Blue Max" Mustang it should be a very fun weekend!

Lookin' forward to it, Darr...
I'll be there Sat. & Sun.!:D

There will be top fuel but the question is will they have tires to run on. Last I heard M&H had put some pretty strict rules on tire usage and that the Goodguys were getting stuck enforcing them. Minimum tire pressure is to be set at 10 lbs. Tires can only be installed with the direction arrows going the proper way and a couple of other rules I've heard rumored. Seems there were a few tire problems at the Reunion and M&H is nipping them in the bud. There was a group a few years ago that said no tire smoke on a top fuel run was a DQ. That rule might be back at 10 lbs pressure. Anyone know what they actually run in those tires?

There will be top fuel but the question is will they have tires to run on. Last I heard M&H had put some pretty strict rules on tire usage and that the Goodguys were getting stuck enforcing them. Minimum tire pressure is to be set at 10 lbs. Tires can only be installed with the direction arrows going the proper way and a couple of other rules I've heard rumored. Seems there were a few tire problems at the Reunion and M&H is nipping them in the bud. There was a group a few years ago that said no tire smoke on a top fuel run was a DQ. That rule might be back at 10 lbs pressure. Anyone know what they actually run in those tires?

I would guess 6-8 pounds.

The new schedule is out. It appears that there is only three races. Only one in the Northwest, Indy and Ohio. Nothing mid or southwest.

I think you've got the NW date confused with the annual Puyallup Car Show. There are no drag racing events in their released schedule.

Thanks for the info concerning the NW deal.

The tire thing will be interesting. The question is, how are they going to insure that the pressures are 10lbs at roll out?? And it's easy to pump the tires at the other end.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back