Good News for Texas drag racing (1 Viewer)

Current deaths from COVID are up around 120,000. The highest estimates from the CDC for the flu season just gone is 62,000.
I believe the count is up because people are getting more than before, they were always there from the get go.

The only way this whole mess is going to end is either herd immunity or a vaccine. The vaccine is most likely at least a year or maybe two away from getting it developed, approved, and distributed to the masses.

Wait...do you understand how to achieve herd immunity? Literally requires a.) a vaccine or b.) the "herd" to become infected and survive. Obviously as you stated we have no vaccine and for b. to be true everyone would have to become sick, hospitalized and recover. Face masks are precisely for preventing people from getting sick at once and overburdening the hospitals.

Unfortunately this country seems to be drifting from listening to science and going towards wishful thinking. Remember, "The USA will be open by Easter...." If everyone would have just listened things might have been progressing differently.

Regarding the original topic of the thread, I have family in Texas. They are starting to shut things down again. HEB is requiring face masks to enter their stores (not sure if all or only SA).

TX was one of the "we're opening early despite the science" states and now cases are on the rise.

I think from a spectator standpoint we can assume every sports schedule is done for the year but anything that is up and running is a bonus. I'm not complaining, I've hardly spent a dime on anything since March!

Wait...do you understand how to achieve herd immunity? Literally requires a.) a vaccine or b.) the "herd" to become infected and survive. Obviously as you stated we have no vaccine and for b. to be true everyone would have to become sick, hospitalized and recover. Face masks are precisely for preventing people from getting sick at once and overburdening the hospitals.

Unfortunately this country seems to be drifting from listening to science and going towards wishful thinking. Remember, "The USA will be open by Easter...." If everyone would have just listened things might have been progressing differently.
My comment was based on herd immunity is the quickest way to see nitro again. The mask helps slow the spread of the virus But also slows down the ending of the virus. Even with an approved vaccine today, were a year or more away from the ability to vaccinate everyone who wants it.

Thank God for web sites that are offering racing on line. Was watching Div 4 Q at Houston today. Almost (almost) as good as being there in person.

I believe the count is up because people are getting more than before, they were always there from the get go.

You do realize that if you died for other reason but tested positive for the virus they count it as a virus death right? The CDC has been told to clean up the death toll! Now why is that!

Current deaths from COVID are up around 120,000. The highest estimates from the CDC for the flu season just gone is 62,000.

James Lyon-Weiler is an anti-vaxxer, and not an authoritative source. Try again.
And you think the CDC is any better? They have gotten it wrong from the beginning!
That is the problem! Example if you died from your injuries in a car accident or where in hospice and died from another condition but tested positive for the virus it’s counted!
Sorry yes I believe the virus is real like all the others but it’s not as deadly as the media and these organizations claim it to be! When it’s survival rate is over 99.50% I’m not buying it! Moving known infected cases into Nursing Home where the most vulnerable are didn’t help the situation. Now did it?

Yes, I believe the government agency with $7.3b in funding and 10,600 qualified staff are better than an anti-vaxx internet troll.
They have still got it wrong from the beginning all their models were wrong their estimates have been wrong! I don’t blame them completely because the origin China has been so closed lipped on the outbreak. We may never truly know the truth! But the CDC numbers are skewed that much is true!
Even the WHO another organization funded by our government. I’m not interested in politics just the dam truth! So if both organizations have gotten it wrong which they have.

On January 27, 2020, an article in USA Today quoted WHO as saying the Wuhan virus was not going to become a global pandemic. The US paid WHO $450 million a year. I would expect good advice for that kind of money. Turns out, it was completely incorrect. And people wonder why the US government was, in 20/20 hindsight, slow in responding to the situation.
Add to that Kobe Bryant's death on January 26. That absolutely dominated the news for several days. The Wuhan virus received little coverage compared to Bryant's death.
The status of drag racing is secondary to the fact the US economy and the rest of the world's was shut down without a single shot being fired.

On January 27, 2020, an article in USA Today quoted WHO as saying the Wuhan virus was not going to become a global pandemic. The US paid WHO $450 million a year. I would expect good advice for that kind of money. Turns out, it was completely incorrect. And people wonder why the US government was, in 20/20 hindsight, slow in responding to the situation.
Add to that Kobe Bryant's death on January 26. That absolutely dominated the news for several days. The Wuhan virus received little coverage compared to Bryant's death.
The status of drag racing is secondary to the fact the US economy and the rest of the world's was shut down without a single shot being fired.
Firstly, the article doesn't say that the virus "was not going to become a global pandemic". What the article says, on January 27, is that it is not a "global emergency" based on the lack of evidence from human to human transmission. WHO, just 3 days later, convened an emergency commission because they did find human to human transmission and accordingly issued a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. Regardless of Bryant's death, those in charge should not be asleep at the wheel.

I could understand the argument if the administration did right by the scientific community, but this administration is not really known for taking scientific advice. You can't change the past, errors were made, do right going forward - but that's not the mantra at the top. When you have scientists saying it's an issue and we need to quarantine, the response shouldn't be "We're going to open up this country by Easter". Likewise suggesting we should "look into injecting disinfectants" pretty much sums it up.

You are 100% correct with regard to the economy but what really sucks is that we would be emerging from it if there were actual leadership who said "this is really going to suck but we need to shut down and protect ourselves". Instead we have a mish mash of rules and regulations and states like Texas closing down again because people thought it was more important to pick political sides rather than listen to educated scientists.

Well we did shut down, and it did, and still does suck. I’m not sure what the answer is, but totally shutting down the country can’t happen again.

After I could have died last April from out of control pneumonia, the same cytokine storm that gets these virus victims, I ask again.....if you die from the COVID or from the latest Flu, what difference does it make to you? Dead is dead.... There's too many people not doing what we need to corral this bug.
My 80yo uncle is in a nursing home in NJ and tested positive after his new roommate died from it. Meet your new roomie and bang, 3 days later he's gone. That guy probably got it from a young person who didn't think about possible contagion . My uncle finally tested negative after over 4 weeks of infection.
My uncle has diabetes, heart disease, kidney failure (dialysis 3 times a week) and is a cancer survivor. Plus he is wheelchair bound. I believe the only reason he survived is the dialysis treatments.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back