Good News for Texas drag racing (1 Viewer)

I just read this today 6-9-20

Which states are seeing an increase in coronavirus cases?
California, Utah, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, and Texas, among others, have all logged rises in confirmed cases, according to a Johns Hopkins tabulation of a five-day moving average.2 days ago.

Here in Florida, we have seen the largest number of New Cases over the past seven days since March 1, of this year.
The curve in Florida is not going down it's going up and the same thing is happening in Texas as well as other states.

I believe that each of us should make our own decisions on what we do next in order to protect our own health.

Both Florida and Texas have reopened things back up regardless of the fact that New Cases are rising just as fast as in March of this year.

Jim Hill

What is crazy is yes, Florida opened up, New York did, but you bet, you're gonna see a rise of this again. New Jersey gave the heads up to re-open. I and my family go down the shore for a week vacation, They have rides on the boardwalk. How do they sanitize the ride after each ride? Pennsylvania on the east side is starting to open up. Sure, this is screwing a ton of people who don't have "Essential jobs".

Joe Seibel:

Do Governors have any kind of moral legal obligation to do what is in their citizen's best interests health wise or should they just open up again for business and hope for the best?
I really would not want to be in any Governor's shoes right now because their decisions may cost more cases which also may bring more deaths.

I used to go to Seaside, N.J. years ago when I lived up that way. I still have the photo of the roller coaster sitting in the water after Hurricane Sandy which a good friend of mine in New Jersey sent me.

Jim Hill

California, Utah, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, and Texas, among others, have all logged rises in confirmed cases, according to a Johns Hopkins tabulation of a five-day moving average.2 days ago.

Here in Florida, we have seen the largest number of New Cases over the past seven days since March 1, of this year.
The curve in Florida is not going down it's going up and the same thing is happening in Texas as well as other states.

I believe that each of us should make our own decisions on what we do next in order to protect our own health.

Both Florida and Texas have reopened things back up regardless of the fact that New Cases are rising just as fast as in March of this year.

Jim Hill
As long as we are testing people that’s never been tested there will be new cases, it’d be the same with flu or any other sickness, could have had it for months

As long as we are testing people that’s never been tested there will be new cases, it’d be the same with flu or any other sickness, could have had it for months

Check:
You are correct right now much of this information is based on just how many people have been tested so far.
This brings up another question to think about If we have not even tested 50% of the people in this country that could make all of these numbers much worst then they are now.

Another way to determine if we have flatted out the curve is by counting how many people as of today are in hospital beds across our country compared say March 1. of this year due to the coronavirus and that is the number that here in Florida as been growing faster then it was in March of this year.

For all of the states that I mentioned in my other post that is not good. Were going in the wrong direction right now and the Governors must keep a very close eye on what's happening.

My hope is these numbers change or we could be heading right back into sheltering in place all over again. Time will tell for sure.

Jim Hill

I agree with Chuck. More people are getting tested. Some of the first tests gave false positives & false negatives. Hope the tests now are accurate. There is also a lot of BS in Covid reports, so I try to see what is true & what is fear media. arghhhh

If you're afraid to go outside then stay home and live in a bubble. Don't tell the rest of us how to live. I would have no problem going to any drag race, or any other public event for that matter, and sitting in a crowd of people, and I'm not going to wear a damn mask either. Every Walmart and every Home Depot is jammed with people. The only time anyone practices so-called "social distancing" is when they line up to pay for their items. It's a joke. All of the so-called "protesters" (rioters) are somehow exempt from "social distancing" and few if any of them are wearing masks. Because of that, all of a sudden all of the "experts" are saying all of the precautions are suddenly not necessary. It's all a joke people. If you're afraid to leave your house, then stay home. But I'm going racing. Fire the next pair!

JON: You are not only responsible for yourself, but for your family, friends, neighbors, and even the strangers you engage with.
Do you understand that you can infect others before showing symptoms yourself?

In MANY areas of America today, the CDC, Scientist, and Medical Professions are telling those populations that masks ARE still necessary!

Don't play the "tough guy" if your area is seeing significant increases in the rates of infections and deaths! Your LIFE, as well as OTHERS, may well depend on your actions!

If you're afraid to go outside then stay home and live in a bubble. Don't tell the rest of us how to live. I would have no problem going to any drag race, or any other public event for that matter, and sitting in a crowd of people, and I'm not going to wear a damn mask either. Every Walmart and every Home Depot is jammed with people. The only time anyone practices so-called "social distancing" is when they line up to pay for their items. It's a joke. All of the so-called "protesters" (rioters) are somehow exempt from "social distancing" and few if any of them are wearing masks. Because of that, all of a sudden all of the "experts" are saying all of the precautions are suddenly not necessary. It's all a joke people. If you're afraid to leave your house, then stay home. But I'm going racing. Fire the next pair!

Well, obviously you're living in a bubble. My brother-in-law's boss died from this and he was healthy, I also know another friend who died from this. I'll bet you'll change your tune if you get this.

Well, obviously you're living in a bubble. My brother-in-law's boss died from this and he was healthy, I also know another friend who died from this. I'll bet you'll change your tune if you get this.
And obviously your brother-in-laws boss and another friends death didn't bother you or make you think we might have a problem. Sure hope you don't get it or worse yet you give it to someone else. You probably believe the earth is flat and their are little people from Mars amongst us. Good luck.

And obviously your brother-in-laws boss and another friends death didn't bother you or make you think we might have a problem. Sure hope you don't get it or worse yet you give it to someone else. You probably believe the earth is flat and their are little people from Mars amongst us. Good luck.

Pissing contest here, I wear a mask when I go in the store, Wipe stuff down, take a shower when I get home. My Wife, fortunately can work from home. She has Asthma so I hafta be cafeful! I'll bet the tables would be turned if one of your family members got this.

Pissing contest here, I wear a mask when I go in the store, Wipe stuff down, take a shower when I get home. My Wife, fortunately can work from home. She has Asthma so I hafta be cafeful! I'll bet the tables would be turned if one of your family members got this.
Joe, I apologize. I made a mistake, my post was in reply to John Clark, not you. My wife came down with it in mid March right after we got home to California from New York.

If you're afraid to go outside then stay home and live in a bubble. Don't tell the rest of us how to live.

Your actions affect others. Should we allow drink driving because we shouldn't tell others how to live?

I would have no problem going to any drag race, or any other public event for that matter, and sitting in a crowd of people, and I'm not going to wear a damn mask either.

The mask is to protect others from you.

All of the so-called "protesters" (rioters) are somehow exempt from "social distancing" and few if any of them are wearing masks.

They're protesting, so they are protestors. The prevalence of rioting was low in comparison, and has largely subsided. I wish more of them were social distancing but we also have a lot of unrest in the country right now.

Because of that, all of a sudden all of the "experts" are saying all of the precautions are suddenly not necessary.

No, they're not.

It's all a joke people.

Over 100,000 people dead in the USA alone, many more worldwide.
I want drag racing to start as badly as anybody, my income depends on it, but we also need to acknowledge that it can happen a lot faster if people are prepared to take measures to reduce spreading the virus. If wearing a mask means I get to see nitro cars sooner, I am more than happy to. Wearing a mask is not being brave, it's just being careless and it reduces the chances we will actually get back to some kind of normality soon.

It's such a tough situation. Without a antivirus we really have to achieve a herd level of infection and recovery to slow it all the way down. If you are an at risk person you have to be very careful. My wife always spends a couple weeks in February in NYC at broadway shows because my work is so bad that month. She came home very ill and we anticipate that she had it. Went through the family at a much lessor rate and thankfully all of our jobs keep us pretty isolated. You look into antibody testing and see the accuracy rate is not much better than 50:50. So we isolate as much as possible and take social distancing precautions on our infrequent trips away from home. Remember that the purpose of the lockdown was to keep ICU's/ventilators from being supply limited. We are still achieving that goal and the numbers are still being watched and managed. It's just a very difficult game to play .... and impossible to play if you think the virus can subside if nobody gets it ... viruses and economies just don't work that way.

I want drag racing to start as badly as anybody, my income depends on it, but we also need to acknowledge that it can happen a lot faster if people are prepared to take measures to reduce spreading the virus. If wearing a mask means I get to see nitro cars sooner, I am more than happy to. Wearing a mask is not being brave, it's just being careless and it reduces the chances we will actually get back to some kind of normality soon.

Unfortunately wearing a mask is not going to help you see Nitro cars sooner. The only way this whole mess is going to end is either herd immunity or a vaccine. The vaccine is most likely at least a year or maybe two away from getting it developed, approved, and distributed to the masses. We can get close to herd immunity by the end of summer if everybody doesn‘t wear masks and join in large gatherings. I’m an essential worker and have been working 6 days a week for the last 15 weeks. I wear a mask at work and wear one everywhere I go. However I’m not afraid to go to dinner or a drag race if allowed. I will take precautions with a mask, wash my hands as much as possible and use hand sanitizers when I can’t. If Denver has a national event and Vegas too, I will be in attendance. I also have an autoimmune disease that I take a biologic medicine for. That puts me in a higher risk category. I feel I’m just as likely to get it working as I am doing anything I enjoy.

Joe, I apologize. I made a mistake, my post was in reply to John Clark, not you. My wife came down with it in mid March right after we got home to California from New York.

No problem Terry, So many people think this Corona thing is a Government thing. No, It's Global. I hope your wife is doing better.

Jim Hill
Yes but there is also more testing! Herd mentality is what is currently happening!
It’s a lesser strain! I don’t go by more confirmed cases I go by hospitalizations and deaths! The virus has a 99.75% survival rate!
Most tested didn’t even have symptoms! Explain that one! We had Ebola, SARS, MERS , Bird flu and never shutdown the country! So what makes this one so concerning? More people have died from influenza to this point! I’ll tell what’s concerning it’s an election year! That’s why. To regain power and the left are willing to ruin this country to accomplish it! Yes I believe that the Chinese virus is real but I don’t think it’s as deadly are serious as they want you to believe!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back