Going through some old photos, thought I'd share (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
I recently bought a scanner so I can digitize my old slides of racing. Unfortunately, since I shot on Ektachrome, the colors have faded. I wish I had used Kodachrome instead.
I tried cleaning up some of the colors. The color racing photos are from the National Challenge 1972 race in Tulsa. The black and white images are from another Tulsa race in 1990.

Me and a couple of friends went to that race. We had a mutual friend who was going to aviation school in Tulsa and stayed at his apartment. Went to the finals on Sunday and left immediatley afterwards for the 12hr drive back to east central IL, got a shower and a change of clothes and headed to IRP for Mondays final. THAT was a whirlwind weekend!!!!! Thanks for the pics, Ted.

Great pics!!! Hope to see more.

Paul, I have a bunch more pictures from the '72 National Challenge as well as the '73 National Challenge. As soon as I get them cleaned up, I'll post some more.

Thanks, everybody, for the compliments.

2nd on the shot of Frank....that mite just be the c:cool::cool:lest drag racing photo i've ever seen.
thanks for posting them

A former crew member of Frank's told me that they were warming the car on alky when that pic was taken. It just shows you how intense "The Beard" was during his exploits.

Great shots. I was a dyed-in-the-wool Frank Bradley Fan.....
kev, that makes 2 of us.....guys like frank is what this sport is missing today.....remember when he and son jim
were tuning the primm TF'r.....he didn't know me from adam....went to their pit after every run...never forget
frank was leaning inside door of trailer, i walked up, he recognized me from hanging around....he looked at me
and said very nonchalantly 'whadda' ya' think of that run?'.....as if anything i said would mean .02
think del was driving at that time
the same weekend his son jim and i were talking about hawaii vacations as he was servicing the clutch :cool:
IMO frank would be a GREAT candidate for 'war stories'

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back