Geico Ends Karen Stoffer Sponsorship (1 Viewer)

+1320 to both posts!!!

Quote:

Agree 100%.

I was certainly disappointed to hear that during the ESPN3 live streaming show - Karen (and her team owners BTW) are some of the nicest most accessible people you'll ever meet at a sporting event.

I hope (and think) that they will wear a new brand nexy year for some smart sponsor. I have NO IDEA how much $$ GEICO was paying but (IMHO) PSB has to be one of the "biggest bangs per buck" of any sponsor investments. I mean, how many people became aware of GEICO - especially in the specialty vehicle niche - before Karen's deal.

That said, rather than think GEICO "voted with their feet" on PSB, I'd suggest they just wanted to try somethjing different. They spend PLENTY on advertising and have shuffled ad campaigns many times over the years (Caveman, the Gecko, the Drill Sargeant/Shriunk) and many more - Karen's team got 8 years - In NHRA years - that's a heck-of-a-good-ride.

Originally Posted by Joe Sherwood

That was a good run, longer than most sponsors especially for PSB!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman Baumann

Thank you Geico for sponsoring one of drag racing class acts for 8 years. Karen + Gary-I hope you can land another + stay in the game!

+1320 to both posts!!!

I wonder if these sponsorships are paid out per race, or all at Once?

Like Paul said on some being paid in quarters of the year... and tons of other variations... Some up fron wiht the quarterly payments.. some with the up front and before each race.. some have formats that pay X amount for attempting the event.... then more if they qualify for the event.. with bonus's on where they quailify ... quailify .. and some have extra moneys paid on how they finish in the event... the combos are endless on how it can be done....

Oh.. and extra "possible funds' on how they do in the points for the year also to toss out another vairable...lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back