Gateway (1 Viewer)

tb

Nitro Member
Gateway Motorsports Park is now
TracklogoGateway.jpg

In these days of racing sponsorships being increasingly hard to find, it's nice to see new companies finding value in involving themselves. That being said, yuck. Corporate naming rights being bought at venues with established "real" names has always annoyed me, especially when the previous name had some local meaning. There are only a couple I can think of that actually work, and this isn't one of them. But, money talks and life goes on.

In these days of racing sponsorships being increasingly hard to find, it's nice to see new companies finding value in involving themselves. That being said, yuck. Corporate naming rights being bought at venues with established "real" names has always annoyed me, especially when the previous name had some local meaning. There are only a couple I can think of that actually work, and this isn't one of them. But, money talks and life goes on.

If you look at the logo ... the Arch is prominently displayed and incorporated. As well, note the term "At Gateway" in the new name.

I think the new name and logo does an excellent job of presenting the new and as you stated preserving the "old" local meaning at the same time.

Naming rights mean more on a local level in most cases. This is a great thing. World Wide Technologies is a locally owned company that excels in everything they touch. They have great awareness in the area, do great things for the local community, and have been great sponsors for other sports. This is another example of a non automotive company taking an interest in motorsports. Kudos to David Steward and his son for making this happen. Totally surprised!

If you look at the logo ... the Arch is prominently displayed and incorporated. As well, note the term "At Gateway" in the new name.

I think the new name and logo does an excellent job of presenting the new and as you stated preserving the "old" local meaning at the same time.
This certainly isn't as bad as some (I think Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago is one of the worst examples), and I do respect that they tried to stay true to the origins. However, it still has a clunky flow that's off-putting to me. The only ones I don't mind are those that sound like they could be a name without the sponsorship aspect (sticking with baseball, Great American Ball Park works for that reason). This, of course, is strictly my opinion on the matter and I'm definitely not criticizing the business decision. Regardless of the actual name, it will always just be Gateway to me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back