Galot national event? (1 Viewer)

jgrigz

Nitro Member
I've never been to Galot Motorsports Park so I'm asking this out of ignorance. Does Galot have the room to expand to a 1/4 mile? Do they have the room to expand parking and pit area to host an NHRA national event? It looks like a nice, well maintained track. Could this be the next national event site?

If Google Earth is accurate, the total track length is about 3065 ft.

I think I read that this is an old time track, was 1/4 mile. Was re-built as an 1/8 mile facility. Have heard it doesn't have that much shut off, but maybe cuz it's now 1/8 mile. Never been there, but this is a first class track from photos & videos I've seen.

i've raced there. beautiful place but under it's current design, No, it can't have a national event. I heard that the owner has been trying to buy the adjacent land to expand it for 1/4 and to try and get a national event. NHRA runs a divisional there and does run classes to 1000ft. I have been 206mph and you gotta use 2 chutes. except for that 1 event it's a 1/8th mile facility. the pits aren't big enough currently for a full blown NHRA national event either. but it the owner could get the additional property, i could definitely see it hold one

I think if there is going to be an 1/8th mile facility to convert to National Event 1/4 mile facility, South Georgia Motorsports Park would be the top of the list. Pretty sure they have the room.
South Georgia is already a 1/4 mile track. It's just that most of its current bigger events are only run 1/8. They have a divisional that is run the full length.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back