Gaige’s streak has ended (1 Viewer)

3 hours 37 minutes to complete first round. yikes.

somebody involved in PSB needs to take note of what the two big engine manufactures in PS did to essentially save the class.

usually when a lot of winning occurs, the driver is part of the equation, and you have to give props all the time to not only be great, but consistent race after race.
There is no doubt that the guy is terrific on the bike. I don’t question his driving ability or skill. I just don’t like it when people dominate a particular class. Except for maybe Don Garlits, back in the 80s I always rooted for him (covered that before). But yes, Gaige absolutely deserves full credit for being dominant. It just gets old. What I really like is when the dominant people get defeated by someone who comes out of nowhere, and legitimately defeated. Not because the car blew up or they red light or something else.

Edit later: i’m even getting tired of Austin Prock. He’s getting a bit cocky. I was really rooting for Paul Lee this weekend.

Last edited:
Did he take one for the team or the sport?
t
There is no doubt that the guy is terrific on the bike. I don’t question his driving ability or skill. I just don’t like it when people dominate a particular class. Except for maybe Don Garlits, back in the 80s I always rooted for him (covered that before). But yes, Gaige absolutely deserves full credit for being dominant. It just gets old. What I really like is when the dominant people get defeated by someone who comes out of nowhere, and legitimately defeated. Not because the car blew up or they red light or something else.
It's all going to change after Indy and the real season starts. If Matt can ever keep his bike running he has a legit chance and it looks like Chase does too.

t

It's all going to change after Indy and the real season starts. If Matt can ever keep his bike running he has a legit chance and it looks like Chase does too.
Agree. I’m hoping Matt or Chase can take him on and give him a legit run for the trophy.

Why can’t we just be happy that we get to see another Glidden, Lee Shepard, WJ, Dave Shultz, Garlits, Prudhomme or Bernstein again? The next John Force? Or Tony Schumacher?
Rules for parity have really made racing boring and innovation took a back seat to equality.
Agree on the innovation part. If innovation really had anything to do with it these days it would be different. But it doesn’t. I was irritated with Glidden, but I know what he actually did for the sport as an innovator, and I am no longer irritated. Ditto WJ and Bernstein. Those guys were true innovators back when the rules were much less specific. But then again, I just don’t like it when people win all the time. I really doubt that Herrera does anything innovative, he’s just a perfect combination for that bike now Vance and Hines, they are innovators. But not all their bikes can run like Herrera’s.

Last edited:

Edit later: i’m even getting tired of Austin Prock. He’s getting a bit cocky. I was really rooting for Paul Lee this weekend.
Which is exactly why I root against team Force. Won plenty with multiple drivers. Yes, he's the GOAT, and has been great for the sport, but I root for the underdogs!

While everyone was watching Herrera waiting to see if he'd win his 12th, did anyone pay attention to Jianna Evaristo's 6.70/203.95 pass? That race was hers for the taking until Herrera whipped a big holeshot on her in E2. Her best RT of the entire weekend was .076. Gotta work on that a bit, sweetie.

Congrats, Chase. He was quite proud of his first time NHRA PSB win.

Which is exactly why I root against team Force. Won plenty with multiple drivers. Yes, he's the GOAT, and has been great for the sport, but I root for the underdogs!
Hear hear! Me too! I love me an underdog.

I don’t root against the old man, anymore, but I do root against everybody else in that organization.

I’ll frame it in a more positive sense, I root for whomever is in the other lane.

Now, if they changed the rules of a bit and made it feasible for someone to be competitive with a vastly different combination, I would root for them. Tons of money thrown at tuning doesn’t impress very much. I want to see new designs, new concepts, etc.

Hear hear! Me too! I love me an underdog.

I don’t root against the old man, anymore, but I do root against everybody else in that organization.

I’ll frame it in a more positive sense, I root for whomever is in the other lane.

Now, if they changed the rules of a bit and made it feasible for someone to be competitive with a vastly different combination, I would root for them. Tons of money thrown at tuning doesn’t impress very much. I want to see new designs, new concepts, etc.
I'm impressed that you used/spelled the term "hear hear" correctly. :)

Holy crap. I was pulling for Paul like nothing else.
IMO paul making it to final was a huge win for him, jonnie, john, and team.
not sure what to make of PSB. losing riders left and right with short fields is not good, unless the class gets to 4 teams with 2 riders each, and
they run the same 8 bikes over and over, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as everyone had access to identical parts.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back