Funnycar driver, Pat Foster, undergoes heart surgery (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
"Word came last night that Patty Foster is in serious trouble. He was in
surgery most of the day due to heart condition, and I really don't know
how things stand at this time. His son, Cole, was going to Spokane to be
with him today. Pat is one tough hombre, but he needs all the help we can
give him - through positive thoughts and prayers. "
Steve

Pat Foster is the well known chassis builder, Top Fuel and Funny Car driver. He has owned and driven more than 50 Top Fuel and Funny Cars in NHRA drag racing. .

Foster restored the "Jade Grenade" fuel dragster and Tom "Mongoose" McEwen's '78 Corvette Funny Car among other famous cars.

Please keep Patty Faster in your prayers.

Drag Racing Story of the Day - Pat Foster Tributes

Last edited:
The good news is that they probably found what the problem is that has been causing Pat the problems.

Get well soon my friend.

Wow...I hope Pat's gonna be ok! Great guy, historic member of the Drag Racing Fraturnity! Get well Mr. Foster!;)

Not to discount this story by any means, but Dale Emery called my dad yesterday afternoon and said that Pat suffered a brain anuerysm and that they were going straight into surgery.
In any case keep him, Leslie, and Cole in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Steve's daughter talked to Cole Foster, and the news is much more positive. Pat has shown a great deal of improvement, has had some tubes removed, is fully coherent, asking questions, and is pretty feisty. Not out of the woods by a long ways, but definitely going the right direction.

He doesn't know how long his hospital stay is going to be, but if you want to send a card - the address is;

Sacred Heart Medical Center
ICU - Room 202 (for now)
101 West 8th Avenue
Spokane, WA 99204

Much better outlook than 48 hours ago.

This is the medical definition of an an aneurysm............

Aortic aneurysm - MayoClinic.com

An aortic aneurysm is a weakened and bulging area in the aorta, the major blood vessel that feeds blood to the body. The aorta, about the thickness of a garden hose, runs through the center of your body. Because the aorta is the body's predominant supplier of blood, a ruptured aortic aneurysm can cause life-threatening bleeding. Although you may never have symptoms, finding out you have an aortic aneurysm can be more than unsettling. Each year, approximately 15,000 people die of an abdominal aortic aneurysm in the United States.

Most aneurysms are small and slow growing and rarely rupture. Less commonly, aneurysms are larger and faster growing and are at higher risk of rupturing. Depending on the size and rate at which it is growing, treatment for aortic aneurysm may vary from watchful waiting to emergency surgery. Once an aortic aneurysm is identified, doctors will closely monitor it so that surgery can be planned if and when necessary. Emergency surgery for a ruptured aneurysm carries increased risk and less chance of survival.

Definition of a brain aneurysm

Cerebral Aneurysm Information Page: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)

Last edited:
Not to discount this story by any means, but Dale Emery called my dad yesterday afternoon and said that Pat suffered a brain anuerysm and that they were going straight into surgery.
In any case keep him, Leslie, and Cole in your thoughts.

Could be Kelly. The information I posted is all that I had about the situation.
Be that as it may, he was in serious condition which required surgery.

I'm a huge fan of Pat's - wishing him all the best. If anyone has any updates please let us know. I remember when I was 11-12 watching him bouce the Barry Setzer's rear tires off the ground grabBing the brakes at the end of the burnout...those were the days...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back