Funny Car Reunion (1 Viewer)

It's july 29 and 30 with the event being on Sunday, Saturday is a meet and greet day, with racing on Sunday for the Funny cars. There is racing on Saturday, but not the funny cars.............Perry Jr.

Hey guys, if you are going, be sure to check out the action on the 1/8 mile strip going on during the FCR.

There is an R/C Drag Racing national event going on there. The track is 132 feet (1/10 scale quarter) it's cool they are letting the RC guys use the 1/8 track to set up on. Pro Funny Cars and dragsters will be going over 75 mph pretty regular.

Here is a couple photos of our local club track I am half owner of, and a couple of my cars.

Racing4PaulJustin.jpg

--Our track has almost all the same data as the NHRA uses, RT, ET, MPH, 6 foot (scale 60 ft) and 66 foot (scale 660) timers on the time slips. The scoreboars are on top of the tree.
Racing1.jpg

Hey Jim, How about a hook up?? LOL
2006FCSide.jpg

Vette1.jpg

I plan on being there to get as many photos as I can this way those can not attend the event will get the next best seat in the house. I will defintely be checking out the RC Cars that looks pretty cool.

I REALLY wanted to go since nostalgia funnies are my first love, but I've got a truck engine telling me via a split cylinder that I'll be lucky to finish one more week before doing an in-frame overhaul. There's tons of FCR related threads on this site. These folks are really getting geared up for it, as you can see.

http://www.classicfunnycarboard.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SF;f=1;st=0

Then maybe you might want to come North on August 25th (Saturday) to the World Series of drag racing at Cordova IL. Virgil Hartman will have 2 of his N/FCs there and RON CAPPS will be driving Jeff Gaynors Hard Times Challenger. Ron Colson will be in Troy Martins Chi Town Hustler tribute car.

Hey Dan. I thought that avatar looked familiar! (no stares here, just repeated glimpses)

That just might be do-able. Might see if Virgil has room for one more and trade some labor for ride. :) That, or I'll see how many want to pile into the minivan with me and split the gas.

Yeah, I'm driving a timebomb and if I don't take it apart, it's going to take itself apart. :eek:

Virgil's cars have made 2-sets of runs. I guess it is hot and slippery track out there.

The first one was a 5.80 something if I remember right.

The 2nd runs were:

Sasquatch--5.74---258
John-6.28--205

I got the info from Frank Oglesby. Thanks for the updates Frank. :cool:

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back