Freestyle MotoX History at the X-Games! (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
Holy crap! Travis Pastrana did a double back flip tonight.....first one ever in Freestyle MotoX history!

Unbelievable!! It was going to take the double for the judges to get it right. Jeez..pissed me off the score they gave Rebeaud and Nate follows him with a cleaner trick..even Pastrana's first trick was better than the leader.

But that double was absolutely clutch!! He nailed it..did you see him apologizing to his Mom..LOL. Told her he was going to try it and tell everybody that he loves 'em..hehe.

Glad to see nobody wore it, too..there has been a couple spills recently that I didn't want to see duplicated.

Just 2 years ago the double was taboo..and now look at it.

X Games rock.

he apologized because he is not supposed to be doing anymore dangerous stuff, I believe they said he has had 16 concussions and has been warned that anymore he may suffer permanent brain damage, when he crashed at daytona this year he didnt even know where he was after the crash. his parents, Decoster and suzuki want him to retire due to the possibility of further brain damage, it's a shame because there is nobody on the planet with more talent than travis, you will not find a more sincere or nicer person than him either. I spent a couple days with him at daytona in 99' or 2000 and sent him some of the pic's I took, he sent a thank you card and a jersey within 3 days, I dont have a clue how he got my adress but I was shocked he took the time to bother. He also is turning into a world class rally driver, god I wish I had 1/10 his talent!!!!

I'm watching ESPNews & just saw the double backflip... someone at the XGames, a competitor, announcer, or someone like that said it was the stupidest move they'd ever seen. After reading Kelly Andersen's post I now realize why someone would say that.
It was awesome to watch though.

I hear you KellyA. I'm just glad he aced it. Everybody on the planet knew he was going to try it.

He should now move on..nothing left to prove.

He DID say he would never do it again. And he's racing Rally cars, too. Hmmmm....retirement from MotoX?

And he's racing Rally cars, too. Hmmmm....retirement from MotoX?
Saw him and others a few days ago on ESPN Rally racing -- it was a pleasent surprise to see Rally racing on EPSN. Many competitors were trying to qualify for the XGames.
I wish we had more Rally on television... Speed use broadcast the FIA World Rally late at night... wish they still did.:(

He DID say he would never do it again. And he's racing Rally cars, too. Hmmmm....retirement from MotoX?
actually he has'nt raced in a while accept for daytona, he's been doing the rally car thing for a couple years and only does the real high profile freestyle stuff. you probably knew that though, just thought I'd share. seems like the kids sucessful at whatever he puts his mind to!!!

That was insane & I'd love to know how that didn't get a perfect score???:rolleyes:

The judge who didn't give perfect marks should be banned from all future competitions.....

I'm glad he made it through it all..good gosh..he wacked it out today as well. The guy is a phenom no doubt..and at 22 no less.

Kinda lucked into that rally gold though..McCrae could have taken it easy over the bump and won the gold.

Classic X Games all the way..crazy stuff..BIG AIR..gawd that's nuts!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back