Frank Hawley’s Drag Racing School Kicks Off Twenty-Fourth Year (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Students Not the Only Ones Making the Grade

January 7, 2009 - Gainesville, FL – Under Florida’s pristine blue skies and low eighty degree temperatures, the latest group of graduates emerged from their two-day Super Class at Frank Hawley’s Drag Racing School at Gainesville Raceway.

Much like other classes, this group was found to be made up of a very diverse group of individuals making their way through the licensing passes and the reaction time clinic classroom instruction. In all, seventeen Super Comp and Super Gas licenses were signed as drivers began their preparation for competition in 2009.

Fathers and daughters, husbands and wives, business owners and a young man moving up from the Jr. Dragster ranks are just a few of the folks who enjoyed the beautiful weather Florida has to offer during the winter months as they attended school.

Bobby Lewis from Fort Worth, Texas was extremely pleased to finally be able to make the trip to the world renowned school. “I had been trying to get to Frank’s school for fifteen years. One thing or another would come up and I would have to put it off. That was fifteen years way too long. I don’t recommend anybody to wait. Frank’s class far exceeded my expectations and I know I am a better driver because of the course. The only thing I’m upset with is that I wasted those years and should have gone a long time ago. The time to go to Frank’s school is today. I can’t imagine where I would be now, had I gone long ago.”

Father and son, Don and Ben Cotton attended and are now already looking forward to coming back. “I did a little racing many years ago, but had never gone as quick as I did in Frank’s cars. That was great,” Don commented. “After class I found out that the school offers so much more for guys like me who want to get even more experience. We not only plan on coming back to drive the car some more, but probably one of his dragster’s too. We would also like to take part in the Grad race they have coming up. Now that will be fun, too.”

Frank Hawley’s Drag Racing School, now in its twenty-fourth year training drivers, will not only be offering Grad races again in 2009, with the first being scheduled in April, but also other graduate programs as well. Competition in Summit E.T. points bracket races at Gainesville Raceway and NHRA Division 2 Super Comp and Super Gas points races. All of these programs include everything a driver needs to compete from the car and crew to the fuel and supplies.

Already a seasoned racer in his own right, Will Smith of Northport, Alabama, came to Frank Hawley after ten seasons competing in the Jr. Dragster ranks. “I take drag racing very seriously. I want to do everything I can to make a career out of it. Attending Frank Hawley’s school was a very important step for me, it was a must do as soon as I could get there,” Smith explained. “I thought I knew quite a bit after all those years of racing, but I couldn’t believe what Frank taught us. I took six pages of notes. I had never been in a full-size dragster before and the car handled so well and I just really felt safe in it.”

“I’m very proud to have attended Frank Hawley’s School and worked personally with Frank Hawley. I feel that it is important to have that type of background to put on your race resume,” he added.

While the majority of people attend classes to acquire their license, some are there merely to offer support for family members or friends who are driving. What many of those people find is that they leave with more than they expected and a good example of that is construction business owner Peter Hyde from Ontario, Canada who attended this latest class with his son Spencer.

“My original thought is that I would go along just as a support staff, but my experience turned into a physics and psychology course,” Peter said. “I just knew there had to be more to what Frank had going on at his school and I was pleased to find out that was true. His teachings came highly recommended and I found out first hand why. Frank’s course was a course on life. Whether you’re in business, such as myself, or whatever it may be. So many of the things he taught us had me thinking how they could be applied to better run my business. I was amazed and would have never thought I would be coming away from the class with all that I did. It was truly a well-rounded program that has something for all walks of life.”

Frank Hawley’s Drag Racing School has classes that are scheduled year-round in warm-sunny Florida and in five remote markets throughout the U.S. including Texas, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada.

To find out more about all programs and their respective locations available at Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School, visit the school's website - Frank Hawley Drag Racing School: Welcome or call toll-free 866-480-7223 (outside the U.S. 352-336-8111).

Attachments

• gasgradphotos0091.jpg
    gasgradphotos0091.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 992
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back