Fox 2016 Broadcast Changes (1 Viewer)

Rajunz

Nitro Member
Just read a really good interview in National Dragster "5 Minutes with Ken Adelson". He will be in charge of producing all of the new broadcasts, and had a list of lot of great new ideas to come.

Here are just a few that he talked about..............

The shows will have a beginning, middle and end, highlighting each track and city in the beginning, and ending the racing early enough to allow 15 minutes for the awards ceremony with driver and team interviews, etc.

- Will bring hand held cameras back to the starting line to get in car shots, up close of crew, etc.
- More Super Slo-Mo shots.
- Microphones on drivers
- Name of the drivers and sponsors virtually shown in each lane
- Virtual finish line like the NFL first down stripes
- Work on bringing a truer sound quality to the racing, and not talk over the runs
- More in depth tech discussions.
- It also sounds like the in depth stories on the Racers will be taped and edited and used to fill in for oil downs, weather delays instead of taking up the racing.

Sounds like good things coming in 2016.

Virtual finish line like the NFL first down stripes first thing I thought was the glow puck Fox used with the NHL Lol

Finish line seems pretty easy to find and unlike if football it doesn't move.

Hope it all works, looking forward to regular tv slots that aren't after midnight

Will bring hand held cameras back to the starting line to get in car shots, up close of crew, etc.

yes :cool:

don't like virtual stuff on my screen, and as far as team interviews after a victory... anyone else see trouble with pulling Jim O's team apart to talk during the "mosh pit"?:D

maybe do a finish line shot like they do on Street Outlaws ;) "Antron by two bus lengths!"

I'm keeping an open mind on the change to FOX. I like most of the points above. I don't care for the "live" broadcasts idea. Not sure about the
virtual finish line ? Gonna have to see that first. The new format....may work, again we'll see. Can't wait till the Winters.

I can do without the low track angle "come and go" shot... I hope to see a lot more high angle full track pass camera angles, similar to what they do with the roundy-round guys... The sensation of speed is better illustrated by two cars passing 10,000 people in 4 seconds...

Virtual finish line like the NFL first down stripes first thing I thought was the glow puck Fox used with the NHL Lol

Finish line seems pretty easy to find and unlike if football it doesn't move.

Hope it all works, looking forward to regular tv slots that aren't after midnight

The finish line position does change. 1000 feet for fuelers and 1320 for the rest!

His description on the finish line was that it gets covered in rubber so it disappears from the camera view over the weekend.

Am I the only one who has experienced this?
I hated when espn interviewed the drivers after a run.
During the interview they would roll a clip/replay of the run while the drivers or whomever were talking. The replay was always turned way up, therefore drowning out the person talking.. I found it very annoying and distracting. Couldn't hear what the hell the driver or interviewee were saying most of the time.
I sure hope Fox does it differently.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back