Force Resigns from PRO Board (1 Viewer)

I wonder why KB was the ONLY person NHRA 'consulted' with about the point changes.:confused: :confused: :eek:

Most likely because they didn't want the story leaked to the media. The last time they let some owners in the know was when they were negotiating with Coca-Cola and some of those owners leaked the story to enterprising reporters.

Mike Smith said- >>>>find it rather odd that NHRA did not have a no compete clause<<

A non-compete clause of ANY material duration has to have BUCK$s attached to it. 'Kinda doubt that Ray got enough BUCKS (from NHRA) to make it worthwhile.
Furthermore, who would he not compete against? They might not allow him to go to a similar position with IHRA (for SOME period of time) but, I don't know how he could be prevented from competing with Force when he was not a party to the contract.

At the end-of-the-day, with crew changes and gossip, how long a shelf-life does any "SECRET" have in Drag Racing? It is also POSSIBLE (and I don't know the guy) that he has the personal integrity to just "forget" some of the stuff he's seen. Hey, THAT might shock somebody, eh?

Let me ask you this. Had NHRA been owned by Bruton Smith and run more as a business, do you not think it would be more likely that Ray Alley and any other tech related people might have been under a non-compete contract?

This thing is the absolute definition of "conflict of interest." No, you shouldn't have someone whose nose has been in everyone's parts now being able to work for a competitor. "Conflict of interest" doesn't imply that anyone's guilty of anything. It does mean that nobody should even have to wonder.

What's NHRA going to do someday when top pro teams and big tracks start moving over to IHRA? Who thinks it's impossible for NHRA to end up the number two sanctioning body in the country?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back