Force Cars (1 Viewer)

Meeks

Nitro Member
This may already been talked about but this weekend I couldnt help but notice that towards the end of almost every run a bunch of smoke would come outta the Force cars. On those runs that were actually completed to the full 1000'. I don't want to go as far as saying the engine expired but whatever the case may be why are their cars always doing this? It seems like they are having to fix something every run. I know with the win that some would say just get the win who cares how you get there :)
Just wondered if anyone has any answers to this?

The Force cars have been doing that for a long time. I would say it's something in their "tune-up" that causes the pistons to burn when they lift off the throttle. Just a guess....

Others on here may be able to give a better description of what the cause is.

All of the Force cars always expire right at the stripe. Doesn't matter if it's 1320' or 1000'. I wonder how many pistons they use a year.

This may already been talked about but this weekend I couldnt help but notice that towards the end of almost every run a bunch of smoke would come outta the Force cars. On those runs that were actually completed to the full 1000'. I don't want to go as far as saying the engine expired but whatever the case may be why are their cars always doing this? It seems like they are having to fix something every run. I know with the win that some would say just get the win who cares how you get there :)
Just wondered if anyone has any answers to this?

It's the Castrol GTX Low Mileage! :D

Post above are right, they always have. Doenst matter if its 1000 ft or 1320, they always give up the ghost right before the lights.

The problem is mostly from piston scuff ,it can occur anywhere in the run ,even on the burnout.
Also when running on the the lean side of your tune-up it can burn the ring lands out,sometimes it "tops the rod",which is a hole through the piston. The blower pressure pushes the oil in the pan until the throttle blades close. The engine then builds vacuum in the cylinder,and you see the smoke from the oil coming past the rings. Or through the hole.
As Mike said about the old saying, "to be Mean it has to be Lean"
The other side will say that, "they run faster on Nitro than Aluminum".

In the '80's (small pumps) people said ,"if killing aluminum was a crime, Austin would be in jail for life":D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back