Force and Worsham (1 Viewer)

Yeah, Force said he respects Del, & if he (Force) was wrong, he apologized. Lotsa people had problems with the track. Glue can only do so much with a track temp of 136.

I think Del is frustrated. Force's chute never blocked Del's vision at all. I think the absence of Chuck Worsham is really bothering Del. I think Chuck is sicker than they are letting on. Chuck is a
great guy and Del really misses him. Force has an evil handling car. I'm betting he has a new one at the next race. There is something wrong with that chassis, I think.

Both passes Force had holes out on the drivers side, just bad luck that day.

I think every pass by all fuel classes had cylinders out

I think Del is frustrated. Force's chute never blocked Del's vision at all.
The last picture says you're wrong:

Force_Worsham.jpg

I've never driven a Fuel Flopper but based on what I've been watching for decades one's emotions are extremely elevated immediately following a "normal" run, and obviously much more so following a "close call" such as Del experienced on Sunday. It's easy to say Force should've waited until he was back in his own lane before pulling the chutes, but we're not staring at an increasingly shorter shutdown area. How many millions of times have we heard drivers, including Del, say "It's race day, I'm not lifting until I know I've lost"? Force calculated in a matter of a split second that he could hold it on his side until just past the stripe and did what he had to do to win the round. Were the rolls reversed, Del would've done the exact same thing. Del was fired up about losing and then seeing a whole lotta Force's chutes in his face - I get it and I don't blame him at all. Losing sucks. Conversely, Force all but stated Del had a reason to be emotional. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of Force but nobody has made more passes in a nitro funny car than he has. While some people may be as good a driver as Force, I still say there's nobody better at getting a car down the track. It's not like he purposely drove into Del's lane. Thankfully, Del's chutes were already out when Force's deployed. Otherwise, there could have been a real mess.
Force was very contrite after Del vented. I bet the two of them have already moved on and are concentrating on this week's race.

It's not like he purposely drove into Del's lane.
With all due respect, I think you are wrong on that point.
With a cylinder out the way and the car driving left because of it, He had to know he was going to cross the center line. It was just a matter of before or after the finish line. Force took a chance it would be after the finish line so he won fair and square.
But in my opinion, he put both himself and Del in a bad position.
The fact that both are OK, does not make it a good decision.

With all due respect, I think you are wrong on that point.
With a cylinder out the way and the car driving left because of it, He had to know he was going to cross the center line. It was just a matter of before or after the finish line. Force took a chance it would be after the finish line so he won fair and square.
But in my opinion, he put both himself and Del in a bad position.
The fact that both are OK, does not make it a good decision.

Del would have done the same thing if he was ahead of Force, but I don't think Force wouldn't make it that big of a deal. Remember when TP's car blew up at Pomona, while John nosed his car into the sand because he was late on the chutes to avoid Tony, the first thing John was concerned about was Tony.

Last edited:
Del would have done the same thing if he was ahead of Force, but I don't think Force wouldn't make it that big of a deal. Remember when TP's car blew up at Pomona, while John nosed his car into the sand because he was late on the chutes to avoid Tony, the first thing John was concerned about was Tony.
Slightly different situations. T Ped was out of control and Force made a heads up move. In the race with Del, John did over drive it.

John is a professional , that does Not make him perfect. Fact is he drove it too far, period.
And John did the same thing in the 2nd round vs Hagan, took out all the cones from the 330 to the finish line. He just had a bad day, it will happen. Watching Chad Head on Twitter ripping Force was the highlight for me. Lol

How many of you "arm chair FC drivers" have made a pass in a real FC during competition???
I've never understood this defense or support of a racer. Where has it ever been stated that a fan or viewer can't criticize or comment when they view various forms of entertainment? You don't have to be a driver to comment on a professional driver....or be a professional athlete....or a singer, a dancer, an actor or acrobat to make a comment about what you've witnessed. That's what entertainment is all about!
I believe Force has driven outside the boundaries more than any other FC driver this year. Maybe it's the car and tune up. Or maybe it's his age. Could it be possible that his age 68 is becoming a handicap for making split second decisions during a 3 sec - 330 MPH run?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back