for those wondering, the drama in PSM is real, and you could build and race a Harley (1 Viewer)

Re: for those wondering, the drama in PSM is real, and you could build and race a Har

When I was in Denver last year I saw a PSB pit, so I walked up and took a pic. They freaked out, going "Sir could you Step back!". Like I care about that class, the Ego's are amazing!:rolleyes:

Joe, Walk into any of the Pro stock car pits and try taking some pictures, I'm quite sure you will get the same reception from them.

Re: for those wondering, the drama in PSM is real, and you could build and race a Har

Looks like Hector Arana Jr is choking a few Screaming Chickens. LOL

Wonder how many he'd be choking if he had to pull the same weight-per-cubic-inch that they do???

Just asking... LOL

A 955-pound Harley would be a SIGHT, waddling down the quarter-mile....:p

When I was in Denver last year I saw a PSB pit, so I walked up and took a pic. They freaked out, going "Sir could you Step back!". Like I care about that class, the Ego's are amazing!:rolleyes:

Joe, Walk into any of the Pro stock car pits and try taking some pictures, I'm quite sure you will get the same reception from them.

That happened to me at the Pomona Finals last year! LOL

I was trying to get a good angle for a pic of a well known pro stock driver/crew chief and I kinda overstepped the boundary of the ropes a little and got yelled at for taking their picture. :cool: LOL

Most were cool however, Larry Morgan is the coolest and a good guy.
V Gaines too. (thanx Larry and V!)

Last edited:

No, not yet. My reply was to Mr. Kernan, who believes the drama is "real"...I do not.

I don't know much about this debacle but how do you suppose it is not "real", do you honestly believe that someone sat around and scripted or thought this stuff up. This isn't WWF it would be a sad sad sad day for drag racing if it ever truly got that way.

All of this is very interesting to me. Two things alone would make the bikes more interesting to the viewer: Big Logos on the side like Winston ;) Shell, Busch, etc. and ESPN TV window extended 30 minutes when the bikes are at an event.

damn, a Busch Beer bike is a no brainer bad azz paint scheme. damn!

Extending the telecast by 30 minutes to show a class almost all the spectators leave their seats and head for the concession stands/bathrooms for would prove what?

Extending the telecast by 30 minutes to show a class almost all the spectators leave their seats and head for the concession stands/bathrooms for would prove what?

I have been known to run downstair and refresh my cup of coffee when the bikes are on TV... stopped watching when 'butter-bottom' stopped riding...

d'kid

I guess I'm the exception to the rule. I enjoy watching PSM and hope they continue..but then again I am just one. ;)

Hey I think they should show every class.

You PSM & or PS haters really crack me up. I think it is really disrespectful to bash these classes and fans who do care about them. Yes fuel is the dominant class to the fan base because of the Loudness, flames, & ground shake (IMO) But they all have their place here. Why bash any class? I may or may not feel the same way about fuel but if I didn't care for it I would't bash the class.
Everybody in every class works their asses off!! Give them a little respect.

You PSM & or PS haters really crack me up. I think it is really disrespectful to bash these classes and fans who do care about them. Yes fuel is the dominant class to the fan base because of the Loudness, flames, & ground shake (IMO) But they all have their place here. Why bash any class? I may or may not feel the same way about fuel but if I didn't care for it I would't bash the class.
Everybody in every class works their asses off!! Give them a little respect.
Good post Gary. You have Karen running realy good right now. Your hard work and dedication is paying off big time. I hope Karen doesn't let what happend this weekend get her down to much. There is still a lot of racing left and a lot of us are pulling for you.

Good post Gary. You have Karen running realy good right now. Your hard work and dedication is paying off big time. I hope Karen doesn't let what happend this weekend get her down to much. There is still a lot of racing left and a lot of us are pulling for you.

Totally agree, Karen is the only reason I watch the bikes, she always shows a lot of class in the top end interviews. Hope she bounces back.

Rick

She'll bounce back. If she can recover from that transporter door incident, she can recover from this. Everyone knows what happened; her timing was thrown off by Matt Smith's mechanical problems. Could have happened to anybody.

I like the bikes; always have. Hell, I'll sit there and watch two Q/SA cars race. And I'd much rather listen to a bit of rough-and-tumble than an endless stream of sponsor-thanking during the track-end interviews. We're all familiar with GEICO anyway. :)

Last edited:

I agree I like the bikes...They work just as hard as anyone out there.

What the heck was up with that woman down at the finish line? Man, she had a DEATH GRIP on that trophy, and would not let Phillips have it! Made me laugh out loud. Think she was told to do that? I notice she quit doing it after that, so maybe someone said something to her.

I go to national events FOR the bikes--and you know what? they charge me the same as you to get in the door. If you get up when the bikes start-please be polite + not block my view--I'll do the same for you while you watch the guard rails getting fixed after Pro Mod. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back