Foley CRASHES!!! (1 Viewer)

Here is the only report that I have received so far:

Doug Foley Transported To Local Hospital

CAYUGA, Ontario (September 25, 2006) – Doug Foley has been transported by ambulance to West Haldimand General Hospital in nearby Hagersville, Ontario, for testing and observation following a crash during the Top Fuel final round of the IHRA Canadian Nationals. Foley was conscious and talking.

The end of the year has been tough on what was a stellar year for IHRA. First Litton and now Foley.

Looking at the sequence it looks like Millican was pretty squirly as well. Hope Foley is ok.

If you scan through the photo sequence quickly, like a jerky motion picture, you get an idea of how fast the car was moving sideways before the first wall hit. Also you get an idea of how abrupt a turn Millican got away with without crashing.

Last I heard, Foley had a concussion, broken ankle, and a chipped tooth. Given the violence of the accident, I have to conclude that he was lucky to come away with relatively minor in juries.

If you scan through the photo sequence quickly, like a jerky motion picture, you get an idea of how fast the car was moving sideways before the first wall hit. Also you get an idea of how abrupt a turn Millican got away with without crashing.

Last I heard, Foley had a concussion, broken ankle, and a chipped tooth. Given the violence of the accident, I have to conclude that he was lucky to come away with relatively minor in juries.

Thank you for the update, Larry. I really hope Doug's feeling better soon. :)

Doug Foley To Be Released This Afternoon

CAYUGA, Ontario ( September 27, 2006 ) – Doug Foley will be released from West Haldimand General Hospital in Ontario this afternoon. Following a crash at Toronto Motorsports Park on Monday, Foley was rushed to West Haldimand General for observation. He was then temporarily transported to Hamilton General Hospital for further screening, and then back to Haldimand. The doctor has already issued his release papers, and Foley will fly to his home in New Jersey this evening.

Family and friends with Foley said the hospital and nurses have been very accommodating, and Doug is in much better spirits today.

Glad Doug is not hurt badly . Another testament to the safety designed and built into the fuel cars !
Hope to see him racin at San Antonio next year.

Doug Foley

Real Glag To Hear That He Is Doing Better. Hope To See Him Next Year On Tour. Especially In San Antonio. Sal

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back